Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Actually I think NCAA 11 does have this enforced. One year I took navy and and gave them as many FCS teams as I could(not sure why I did now). They ended up either 11-1 or 12-0, but didn't even go to a bowl game due to lack eligible wins.
Were you ranked? That is the more important question. If not, then what I said it is completely true. If you go to my '78 setup with the Southland conference, there were only 4 teams in it that are currently FBS. So they'll have 8 FBS games max. There is a good chance that conference only gets a single bowl bid to the New Orleans (I put them in the Sun Belt) which is good. Every other Sun Belt bid would become at large and open up spots to the massive list of independents. And then if you do actually go 12-0, your record only looks like 9-0/8-0, which may get you into a bowl game, but I highly doubt those poor prestige games filling up a third of your schedule would help your case.

Skull, you may have seen FCS wins count because it was the first time you used them. The rule is hard to understand. It says you can use 1 FCS win per season over a two year rolling period. Best case, is only one of those FCS wins counts every year, so going 4-0 against those teams only counts once. If I'm reading it correctly, the next year, your record doesn't matter against those teams in terms of bowls because you used your one freebie the year before.

I sold my game back, but seeing as how the independents actually get into bowl games more often in NCAA 11 compared to years ago, I think the Navy case is a good one and tells me what I need to know.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #58
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
the rule is that you can only count 1 1-AA win towards eligibility, but in the NCAA games, that rule is not enforced. in the NCAA games, winning is the most important thing to making prestige go up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Actually I think NCAA 11 does have this enforced. One year I took navy and and gave them as many FCS teams as I could(not sure why I did now). They ended up either 11-1 or 12-0, but didn't even go to a bowl game due to lack eligible wins.
What dan did is exactly what I did the first year Ark. St. was in the game. I gave them 4 FCS games, ended up losing a game in conference, and didn't go bowling. I might have been ranked for a week, but once I lost that was the end of that

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0
Can I create a conference from scratch and call it what I want? I wanted to create the old SWC. If not, it's a small demerit but otherwise, I'm LOVIN' the custom conference feature!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #60
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

To the people upset that conferences of four will play FCS teams, think of it like this: if the WAC is raided of all of its teams, save four, where are they going to get the teams to fill the ranks? The FCS. So it's no different than that, really.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #61
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
To the people upset that conferences of four will play FCS teams, think of it like this: if the WAC is raided of all of its teams, save four, where are they going to get the teams to fill the ranks? The FCS. So it's no different than that, really.
Took the words out of my mouth

BUT IT SHOULD BE ACTUAL TEAMS, NOT FCS WEST, BROOOOOOOO

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

BUT IT SHOULD BE ACTUAL TEAMS, NOT FCS WEST, BROOOOOOOO
I dont mind there not being FCS Schools, but I was hoping to at least an option to sub at least 4-6 schools in the FCS spot
Old 05-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #63
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
I'm not a big fan of spending time playing against a fictional school labeled FCS East, Southwest or whatever. Can't get into it. Takes too much of the realism out. That's why I always customize the schedule of whatever team I'm controlling to replace FCS with a real school.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #64
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Hopefully in future versions they let you create custom conferences with teambuilder. Being able to design your own patch and conference names to import.

Also, about the FCS scheduling, maybe in the future you could designate what type of OOC opponents your conference plays? If you designate FCS schools, then your conference could loose prestige (especially if you loose). If you want to make the Sun Belt more relevant, maybe you target OOC scheduling with the Big 10 to help raise your prestige. I don't see why they couldn't have the player list 5 or so conference to schedule OOC games with instead of just dumping FCS teams in, sounds like they didn't put enough effort into that aspect.

Going to be interesting to see how making super team conferences end up. Would love to make two 16 team super conferences (top 25 + 7), but then again other conferences will still have good tie-ins and consist of poor competition. Hopefully in the future you can fully customize and even disband conferences. Of course, any newer addition may just be DLC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »