Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #81
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Also, I'm not sure you can add conferences but I believe you can contract them as EA stated you have the ability to make all 120 teams independents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw1717
Not once did I say anything about a round robin and is that an NCAA rule you have to have 12 teams to have a conference title game if so do you have a link?
You said you would have 10-team conferences with 9 conference games; that is a round robin. Everyone plays every body else. You didn't say it, but you sure described it

And you can only have 32 independents. So technically, with your system, one conference would be independents and you could control them and make them play each other, but it would not happen by default. Conferences cannot be added or deleted. You cannot change their names. You cannot go below 4 teams or above 16.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #83
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
You said you would have 10-team conferences with 9 conference games; that is a round robin. Everyone plays every body else. You didn't say it, but you sure described it

And you can only have 32 independents. So technically, with your system, one conference would be independents and you could control them and make them play each other, but it would not happen by default. Conferences cannot be added or deleted. You cannot change their names. You cannot go below 4 teams or above 16.
I heard it wrong in the dynasty trailer. Herbstreit says "How about a 12 member dynasty where everyone is an independent". I heard that to be every team could be an independent. OOps

You are most likely right but I have not heard that you cannot change names of or remove conferences.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I heard it wrong in the dynasty trailer. Herbstreit says "How about a 12 member dynasty where everyone is an independent". I heard that to be every team could be an independent. OOps

You are most likely right but I have not heard that you cannot change names of or remove conferences.
Pretty sure it was stated somewhere that conferences cannot be removed, but the fact you can only take a conference down to 4 teams seems to hint at that as well. Also, I believe it was also stated that only division names can be changed; not conference names. Just means we'll have to use our imagination in many cases because the name and logo will stay. For instance, the Mountain West is the Big West in many of my scenarios, the Big East the Big Eight. If I was part of a group in the Big 12 that decided to let EA use my conference in the game, I sure wouldn't agree to letting players change my name, logo, or even deleting my conference from the game, so I can understand from a marketing point of view.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #85
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Custom Conferences Blog up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Everything sounds good except only being able to edit the BCS bowl tie-ins. I hope everyone realizes that before they start going crazy with the custom conferences.
It's not as big a deal as it could be though. For instance if you give the BCS status to the WAC and take it away from the Big 12, the non-BCS bowl tie-ins are still better for the Big 12, but the game doesn't make any meaningful difference in bowls, since it doesn't track money for the schools, money from bigger TV ratings/contracts etc. Playing in the Papa John's Pizza bowl is for all intents and purposes the same as playing in the Cotton bowl. I do agree I'd prefer to be able to control the non-BCS bowl tie ins but it's not a game breaker without a monetary system in place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 5

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CIip9rMH

My attempt at realigning by Regions. I just used Independents as a collection of schools I couldn't work in.

Didn't see the point in attempting to make 12 conferences. Figured it's pretty likely we won't be able to treat Independents like an actual conference with its own schedule.

edit: And here's my realignment I think I may use for most of my dynasties.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CK3Zv88P

Last edited by zmcman1; 05-30-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #87
Banned

TheRealCar10ck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmcman1
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CIip9rMH

My attempt at realigning by Regions. I just used Independents as a collection of schools I couldn't work in.

Didn't see the point in attempting to make 12 conferences. Figured it's pretty likely we won't be able to treat Independents like an actual conference with its own schedule.

edit: And here's my realignment I think I may use for most of my dynasties.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CK3Zv88P
I like this. How'd you make a spreadsheet like this on Google?
Old 05-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

Actually their are a lot of unecessary restrictions in place. That will hamper what you can do.

#1. You can NOT add or remove conferences. So you are stuck at a 11 conferences.
#2. You can NOT have less then 4 teams in a conferences. So you cann't manually remove conferences by taking all the teams out either.
#3. You must have at least 1 Indepenedent so you can NOT put everybody in a conference
#4. You can NOT add or remove teams. So if you want to make every conference a 12 team conference with a championship game you can NOT do that. Or if you want to cut 20 scrub teams out, and get down to just 100 teams in the BSD you can NOT do that either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »