Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #489
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
I think it only happens when the ball is scooped out of the dirt by the catcher immediately and doesn't get away. Or at least that's what I've seem/heard.

You are correct.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #490
Rookie

tspicchiali's Arena

OVR: 2

It happens every few games, sometimes 2 in a game on the same catcher. It really messes up the stats for the player, team fielding % and pitchers ERA.

IT SUCKS and needs to be addressed.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #491
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I think I am just an anomaly, but I just can not hit via the analog stick after the patch and am pulling my hair out. I have kept my sliders at the defaults (was batting great pre patch), and even when changing pitch speed and cameras am not having success. I am not exaggerating when I say that in 20 games post patch I have yet to score 1 run. Veteran batting btw.

Here are my issues:

-Can not get around on 4 seam fastballs no matter how "early" I perceive my swing to be--they are always hit opposite field.
- When I do hit the ball solid it is either on a line directly to an opposing player, or an outfielder tracks the ball down on the warning track
-Perfect timing/solid contact = lineouts, fly outs, ground outs.
-In the 20 post patch games I've played I have been no hit into the 7th 10 times
-I'm striking out more often as I am missing pitches right down the gut, even with perfect timing (contact always reads "just off")

I'm not posting this as a complaint--just extremely frustrated--I need help badly because as much as I love this game, this issue making the game nearly unplayable. Pre patch I was hitting around .300 and loved how fair and balanced the analog swing mechanic felt. Post patch I am batting sub 100 (lucky to get 3 hits per game--all infield singles deep in the hole to shortstop), and I am feeling cheated. I've set my TV to "Game mode" with no difference, and am even suspecting my analog stick on the controller may be broken?

I guess what I am looking for is how SCEA made analog hitting "easier" in the last patch. Did they increase the solid contact zones, did they play with the swing timing at all? Did they do anything regrding dead zones on the analog stick itself? Maybe my motion is wrong now?

Perhaps if I knew the changes they made, I could adjust the correct slider or make the adjustment in my swing timing to compensate?

I'm desperate guys. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Bumble14; 05-26-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #492
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I guess what I am looking for is how SCEA made analog hitting in the last patch. Did they increase the solid contact zones, did they play with the swing timing at all? Perhaps if I knew the changes they made, I could adjust the correct slider or make the adjustment in my swing timing to compensate?
Earlier in this thread Russell_SCEA mentioned that the timing window has been widened with the patch. I assume this basically is similar to increasing the timing slider. If this is the only change, you might be able to go back to the prepatch state by decreasing the HUM timing slider...

When I start having problem turning to fastball, I often fix it by deliberately starting the take-back way earlier, like starting pulling the stick down when the pitcher brings his arm down, not right before he releases the pitch. Basically I try to swing at the pitch by just moving the stick up and eliminate the take-back part... I find myself being late because my take-back is quite often too late.

Now that's my tendency and not sure if that applies to you... But I'm not always late on fastball even at pitch speed 10, so I don't think there's terribly anything wrong with the patch itself (though I do hope analog response is a tad quicker...).
Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #493
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
I use timing hitting and can't seem to swing early enough on 4 seamers. I have pitch speed at 0, swing almost as soon as the pitcher releases the ball, and am consistently late on 4 seamers. That is the only pitch. Cutters, 2 seamers, sinkers, etc. are all fine. I don't know whats happened. Also, I have a Sharp and no game mode. I've named the input game if that makes any difference but I don't know what's going on. It's very strange. Didn't have these issues pre-patch ( even though nothing in this patch did anything to affect Timing hitting).
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #494
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Earlier in this thread Russell_SCEA mentioned that the timing window has been widened with the patch. I assume this basically is similar to increasing the timing slider. If this is the only change, you might be able to go back to the prepatch state by decreasing the HUM timing slider...

When I start having problem turning to fastball, I often fix it by deliberately starting the take-back way earlier, like starting pulling the stick down when the pitcher brings his arm down, not right before he releases the pitch. Basically I try to swing at the pitch by just moving the stick up and eliminate the take-back part... I find myself being late because my take-back is quite often too late.

Now that's my tendency and not sure if that applies to you... But I'm not always late on fastball even at pitch speed 10, so I don't think there's terribly anything wrong with the patch itself (though I do hope analog response is a tad quicker...).
Thanks Nomo...you could be on to something with lowering the timing slider. I am wondering if that change made by SCEA, coupled with my HD TV's built in lag, could created just enough of a difference to be resulting in the types of contact I am putting on the ball.

I'll do some toying around with this tonight and see if it works.

I'm also considering purchasing a new controller. I have one of the first gen Dual Shock's, so I am curious if the analog sticks and their dead zone are possibly causing this issue.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #495
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Thanks Nomo...you could be on to something with lowering the timing slider. I am wondering if that change made by SCEA, coupled with my HD TV's built in lag, could created just enough of a difference to be resulting in the types of contact I am putting on the ball.

I'll do some toying around with this tonight and see if it works.

I'm also considering purchasing a new controller. I have one of the first gen Dual Shock's, so I am curious if the analog sticks and their dead zone are possibly causing this issue.
Good luck to you. I was experiencing similar issues with Analog hitting after this patch and I eventually switched to Timing. Since moving to Timing, I've been able to pull more fastballs, but I am also playing with Knight's V2 roster that has the pitch edits, so I don't see as many 4-seam fastballs as I did prior to that roster.

I'd really love to get back with Analog hitting as I was having fun with it prior to 1.16. Keep us updated on your progress ... I hope for your sake that you are able to figure things out.

I would definitely look at getting a new controller. I bought the MLB-themed DS3 with the game this year and love it, even if I'm not using Analog controls as much as I thought I would
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #496
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I would definitely look at getting a new controller. I bought the MLB-themed DS3 with the game this year and love it
I actually got the Show themed DS3 and have been using it. Couldn't help...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »