Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #409
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by merk
Can't hit to save my life with the pure analog. Is there a trick to this? I am aiming the left stick like the old style of hitting and pushing up on the right analog to swing but I am terrible!
There is no need to aim the left stick. Use the right stick only, pulling back just before the pitcher releases the ball, and time your up swing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #410
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

hi, this may have been answered already and i apologize if it has..

i started a franchise already and i am 15 games in, do i need to start a new franchise for the patch to go into effect or will i be able to download the patch and continue on with the same franchise?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 AM   #411
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes20
hi, this may have been answered already and i apologize if it has..

i started a franchise already and i am 15 games in, do i need to start a new franchise for the patch to go into effect or will i be able to download the patch and continue on with the same franchise?
Nope. No need to restart, just keep playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 02:25 AM   #412
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
As a Reds fan, I could see how the game AI could put Phillips on the trade block. He's in the last year of his contract, can be moved for 3 good prospects, and will be 30 in the offseason.His salary is 9.5 million and the Reds only have 88 million in cap space. I'll probably look at signing him to a 3 year deal, at least until I can find a suitable replacement.In real life, a trade would be unlikely because his club option becomes mutual if he's traded.

As to Harper, move him to LF.It's what I did. It's June 1 and I still haven't seen him on trade block.
Nice explanation!

I guess given that they are leading the Central I thought it be weird to unload a significant piece during a title run...like I said the Yanks and a few other teams are trying to do the same thing. I think there's only a few guys I went and pulled off the 'block', Jaime Garcia and Pujols were both on it (and pulled by me) I'm tied with STL for 2nd in the Central, so given the absence of Wainwright, they both seemed weird.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #413
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
There is no need to aim the left stick. Use the right stick only, pulling back just before the pitcher releases the ball, and time your up swing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
might depend on your dificulty level, but if you want to gets hits on pitches painting the corners, or inside or outside pitches you have to use the left stick. Even if hit the direction of the pitch with the right stick it dosnt reach the edges of the strike zone we'll withouth the left stick. Down the middle not really right stick will do.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #414
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
Nope. No need to restart, just keep playing.

awesome...thanks a lot
Old 05-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #415
Pro

spitoon's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrizzo222
might depend on your dificulty level, but if you want to gets hits on pitches painting the corners, or inside or outside pitches you have to use the left stick. Even if hit the direction of the pitch with the right stick it dosnt reach the edges of the strike zone we'll withouth the left stick. Down the middle not really right stick will do.
I don't use analog hitting, but this is not my understanding...

The left stick is not functional in analog hitting in everything that I have read about it.

When you swing forward with the right stick, you are to go inside or outside (left/right) with it to determine what side of the plate you are covering. The up/down aspect is automatically determined by the CPU based on timing and batter attributes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #416
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitoon
I don't use analog hitting, but this is not my understanding...

The left stick is not functional in analog hitting in everything that I have read about it.

When you swing forward with the right stick, you are to go inside or outside (left/right) with it to determine what side of the plate you are covering. The up/down aspect is automatically determined by the CPU based on timing and batter attributes.
This is correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »