Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #73
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Coaching Carousel Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
I'm curious as to how they would put ratings in for coaches. I mean think about it. How does the OC and DC ratings matter if the HC has O and D ratings? It kinda eliminates them from the equation. Same goes vice versa. If the OC and DC have ratings then the HC ratings don't matter.

On a slightly different note how in the world do you know what the defense ratings are for an OC? This is important because what if he gets a HC job? Ratings would be great, but there really isn't any way to come up with the ratings. If we as a community come up with a good way to create ratings maybe they could take a look for next year. Thoughts?
Play College Hoops 2k8 or even Head Coach 09. There are templates out there for how to make coach ratings matter for HC as well as coordinators and even position coaches. I doubt it will be easy for EA to program but I hope they will follow up with big improvements to CC next year and not leave us waiting years for the next step.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #74
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
Has anybody had any info on how long it takes to work your way up? If I meet all my goals every season how long would it take to climb from a 1 star OC to say HC at OSU? I love how it sounds but I hope it takes a while to get up that high.
"In a sim, where I started off as the Oklahoma DC; which was the 2nd best defense in the nation, it still took me six season to get to Nebraska."

From: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...Carousel/page2

So I'm thinking starting out at an even lower level will take about the same time or a little longer.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #75
Rookie

Jeff George's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Absolute max of 10. And in real life that many don't exist. I can think of 5 or 6. Saban, Meyer, Tressel, Brown, Stoops and I might throw Miles in there. No way Patterson or Peterson is.
Another school of thought would suggest that it takes considerable coaching prowess to win 10+ games per year and BCS bowl games without the benefit of any four- or five-star recruits. Not that I'm going to argue the arbitrary ratings of fictional head coaches...

Gives me an idea for a poll question... Dennis Erickson and Howard Schnellenberger each have one national title. Should they have <, >, or = the prestige of Frank Beamer, with no national titles but almost 200 wins?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #76
Rookie

Nice addition for offline dynasty but nothing exceptional.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 36

Has it been said that we can edit coach's prestige ratings? If not, then I will be very upset, but if we can edit them and the coordinators that'd be fantastic!

Also, I'm hoping those coordinators' prestige changes later after they become a head coach. If not, then we really really need to be able to edit the rating.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #78
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
"In a sim, where I started off as the Oklahoma DC; which was the 2nd best defense in the nation, it still took me six season to get to Nebraska."
I saw a guy on there too talk about how Texas had a 5-7 season or something and they fired their coach. I've been wondering how carousel will work with 6 star schools or if they will always just have A+ coaches and amazing seasons but from what I've heard so far there will be up and down season.

Which is EXACTLY what I was looking for from coaching carousel.

I don't think we've even realized all the ways this will change our enjoyment and how we play dynasty mode.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
it looks like a lot of fun now letīs hope for better CPU recruiting logic!!!
Has this issue been addressed?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #80
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Awesome.

They could make a game consisting of nothing but dynasty with recruiting and coaching carousel and I'd be in love.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »