Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #81
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Coaching Carousel Part 2

Each coach really needs to have a coaching profile tied to their playbooks. A Spread playbook will look for balanced QBs, whereas a Pro system or West Coast will look for Pocket Passers. This probably isn't in, but needs to be in next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #82
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

This whole prestige thing is already causing problems. Some points other people made do make for good reading , like the Mike Martz point , while he maybe a A/A+ OC and Lovie Smith maybe a B/B+ HC , would Martz take a prestige drop if he was made HC ?

Also high prestige coaches shouldn't have to much power , it shouldn't be guaranteed they have good seasons and good recruiting classes year in and year out. If that was the case Booby Bowden would still be there , he was a highly respected coach (high prestige) but his last few years were average.
The above can hold true with Joe Paterno , a highly respected coach and long termer but that doesn't grant you a good recruit class every year or even being a Big Ten contender.

And how would you rate someone like Chris Petersen while he is clearly a highly talented coach and OC , how would you rate his prestige ? Since Boise st ain't getting the best recruits but this is linked into the college prestige, yet they keep winning.

While I offer no solutions this whole prestige thing gets you thinking.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #83
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Each coach really needs to have a coaching profile tied to their playbooks. A Spread playbook will look for balanced QBs, whereas a Pro system or West Coast will look for Pocket Passers. This probably isn't in, but needs to be in next year.
I'm pretty sure when you create a coach you detail what kind of players you want at each position (Scrambling/Balanced QB, Power/Speed RB, etc), so I would assume you can do that for coaches that are already in the game as well
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #84
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I wonder if they'll only allow you to choose an alma mater from the schools in the game. Not all college coaches graduated from a FBS school so it would be disappointing to be limited to those choices but i bet we are since Alma Mater matters in coaching carousel.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #85
MVP

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I wonder if they'll only allow you to choose an alma mater from the schools in the game. Not all college coaches graduated from a FBS school so it would be disappointing to be limited to those choices but i bet we are since Alma Mater matters in coaching carousel.
Not sure where I read it but I am almost certain that you can't use teams via teambuilder for your alma mater
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I don't know if that is exactly in, but we have been told recruiting has been tuned and teams like GT will go for fast QBs now that actually fit their system. And if their scheme changes with a new coach, so does who they recruit.

― Plato
Old 05-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #87
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I was thinking, and has it been mentioned before, as to whether or not as a coordinator you'll control special teams?

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
I am not too up on college football to know the real names of coaches. Are the names in the game the ACTUAL names of the real coaches? Like the NC State guy that got poop canned, was that their actual coach? IF not that's pretty weak. Or, does anyone know if there will be a way to name them all correctly like we do with the players?
Yes you will be able to name all them before you start a franchise and during

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »