Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #273
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

PS3 patch is out. Downloading and will finish the second half of my game 1 with Pitt now (gotta love in game saves!).
Old 05-24-2011, 05:43 AM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Where did the pitch analyzer go? Since the patch I cannot get it to come up. Is there a way to bring it up manually?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #275
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I finished half the game I was in progress and got another 1/2 game in until my kids woke up so it's a very small sample size. Thankfully I don't see a big change in the game. I was worried after reading some people say they were seeing home runs all over the place and things like that.

Fatigue works. All my players seemed to drop 4 points in energy and the catcher 8 points after one game. The IR work around works as I transferred Valverde and Zumaya to the minors. I must say I really like the option of going back to the 2K10 base running camera. Hitting balls in the gap just looks and feels a lot better when I can actually see it. Can't wait to hit my first HR this way. The cpu is definitely more aggressive now in going for extra bases and scoring. Very nice.

I did see some extra ground balls so I'm going to give the patch credit for that but only time will tell. Pre-patch there were times when my outfielder would field a ball and go into a lazy animation to throw the ball back in when it shouldn't have. In two situations like this I felt like I had total control and this lazy animation was removed. This is good. CPU batters did seem more aggressive and seemed to swing at more stuff out of the zone. Not sure if this is patch related or if it's just because I'm playing Pittsburgh.

I must say I heard two things Kruk said that I hadn't heard before. One was that I should re-tie my shoe laces after a hard swing and he said something else too. Probably not patch related but it's cool that I can still hear something once in awhile that I can't remember hearing before.

No idea if injuries are fixed as I just turned them back on. Throwing error slider still doesn't seem to do anything for the user and I don't think this patch did anything to actually generate more throwing errors for the user (not a problem for the cpu).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 PM   #276
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Fielding

Early on in the impressions thread, there was a post compalining about outfielders catching flyballs. The post mentioned the difficulty of seeing the circle for the outfielder at the last minute, thereby not having enough time to react and catch the ball. My questions is if this has been fixed with the patch?

Also, has fielding and baserunning been fixed overall with the patch?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #277
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

patch makes the game better.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #278
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Accumulated fatigue between games is NOT working in POSTSEASON MODE!!

The developers need to address this issue in their upcoming patch indeed.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #279
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is anyone seeing HR's from computer controlled hitters with average power ratings?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #280
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Re: Fielding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoe
Early on in the impressions thread, there was a post compalining about outfielders catching flyballs. The post mentioned the difficulty of seeing the circle for the outfielder at the last minute, thereby not having enough time to react and catch the ball. My questions is if this has been fixed with the patch?

Also, has fielding and baserunning been fixed overall with the patch?

Thanks.
I don't think the outfielders catching has been changed. Fielding may be slightly more responsive but mostly the same imo. CPU baserunning is FAR more aggressive. I used to have that slider at 100 and they were still timid. I've backed it down to 65 now. They are constantly trying to take the extra base now.

I did have my first game freeze and it happened post patch. I'm a little concerned about this. Hopefully just bad luck. The framerate is still a bit choppy on the PS3. The cpu made an error with 2 outs allowing a run to score but the run was counted as earned despite the cpu calling it an error. This was fine pre-patch so it could just be a minor problem. Hopefully it's not a big problem. Turned the injuries back on but kept it at 1. Saw a minor injury in my second game. I'm still leaving them at 1 and will see how it works out.

I've noticed a lot more foul balls by the cpu post patch. I do like the increase in ground balls. Fatigue is better than 2K10. Pinch hitters and subs don't get fatigued as much as playing a full game which is realistic. Haven't had a chance to play as a DH as I'm part way through game 3 @ Pit.

I would say the patch does some nice things like fix fatigue, fix cpu base running and adds back the old offence/base running camera. Other differences are subtle from what I can tell in 2.5 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »