Home

First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added]

This is a discussion on First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added] within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #25
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set (UPDATE: Extra Info Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I love what I see! Looks more realistic to me, especially The battles in front of the net.
I love it too! I just hope, like others have said, they have this to perfection seeing as they "don't want to put something in the game unless it's done right".

I just want to see realistic checking, not this big hits anywhere, at any time like we have now. Like I said in my first post, the battles in front of the net are going to be awesome seeing as I'm doing that a lot in NHL 11 for OTP. 93 hand eye + 6'3" 225lbs = amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
I love it too! I just hope, like others have said, they have this to perfection seeing as they "don't want to put something in the game unless it's done right".

I just want to see realistic checking, not this big hits anywhere, at any time like we have now. Like I said in my first post, the battles in front of the net are going to be awesome seeing as I'm doing that a lot in NHL 11 for OTP. 93 hand eye + 6'3" 225lbs = amazing.
Not just big checks but tie ups like I see in real life...I don't know what they're called, but it's when a player grabs and holds the opponent to try to keep the puck away from him.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend

Exactly, the thing that always worries me is EA has a recent history of introducing new features while they aren't really balanced properly. Hitting is the best example of that, so is hustle. The year before they introduced boardplay and overlooked how you could exploit it by boardplaying yourself to avoid defenders.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
well said.. and like i have said many times, if they just would admit that, all would be well in my book. bc we would have no room to bash the realistic elements so to speak.

just a shame that gameplay and how the AI reacts is not a TOP priority EVER.
Ok Mr. Fiddy..... name your gameplay fixes please. What is it that you don't like? Or needs to ge fixed. And I will bring it up in our next team meeting.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by stew514
Exactly, the thing that always worries me is EA has a recent history of introducing new features while they aren't really balanced properly. Hitting is the best example of that, so is hustle. The year before they introduced boardplay and overlooked how you could exploit it by boardplaying yourself to avoid defenders.
And this year you can exploit the hustle button by putting all your points in endurance and leaving acceleration/speed empty.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
And this year you can exploit the hustle button by putting all your points in endurance and leaving acceleration/speed empty.
Another good point, how they didn't code hustle so that is was based on your speed is laughable. If Hal Gill is trying to beat Grabner in a race, and they both hustle, Grabner still wins by a lot.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

http://www.ea.com/nhl/1/nhl-12-hockey-whiteboard

Some interesting new features not covered by the IGN article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #32
Rookie

Vanman2425's Arena

OVR: 3

Yuck. Are they trying to make an NHL version of "NFL Blitz?" I'm not at all interested in plowing into a goalie for a good laugh, or smashing someone through the glass. When was the last time that actually happened in a real game? Just when Madden finally looks like they're going in the sim direction, NHL goes the other way. I loved the series for a few years, then the game got stale, mostly because of the lack of presentation, and now it seems they're trying to rope people in by letting you see how big of a hit you can lay on someone? No thanks, looks like a pass for me this year for the first time in as long as I can remember.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »