Home

First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added]

This is a discussion on First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added] within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #57
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set (UPDATE: Extra Info Added)

Pretty cool features...oh wait, I was reading the back of my NHL 2004 box.

Nothing really earth-shattering for me in this news...one can only hope the helmet-popping, glass-shattering action is done in moderation.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 PM   #58
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymin1
Leave it to Fiddy to point out the obvious: Goalie fights were in NHL 2004! First time ever? That statement alone has me worried. How do you not know the history of your own franchise?

Other than that gross oversight, the presentation fixes sound nice. I'll be interested to see how it plays, though. Being the hockey fanatic that I am, I will buy it on launch day to find out.

The Amaizen Blue is absolutely right, lol. Holmer had to set a record for most waved off goals in one season this past season. I wish they kept that stat!
C'mon, everyone knows they mean first time ever on the 360/PS3! Last gen doesn't count folks, not to them at least.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1
Big announcement is hopefully offline two player be a gm!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #60
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Like most of you, i thought the video was underwhleming. Didn't like much of what I saw except for maybe the crease battles. Otherwise, not much there to be excited about.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 18

I liked reading this:

And speaking of benches, players on the team are accurately represented on the benches this year, including the entire roster right down to the backup goaltender nestled in a free corner.

Something about seeing the benches in past games bugged me, glad they fixed this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymin1
Leave it to Fiddy to point out the obvious: Goalie fights were in NHL 2004! First time ever? That statement alone has me worried. How do you not know the history of your own franchise?
They did the same thing last year by saying you could speed burst, hip check and celebrate after a goal for the first time ever.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #63
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

After criticizing some of the stale parts of NHL the other day, they have come back pretty well. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. One of the biggest down falls is goaltending in this game. You can predict exactly what the goalie will do each and every time. Now that the goalie is in play it is going to make it feel much more dynamic, and the goalie will actually think like a real goalie and adjust to the situation presented to them. I want to be able to play the game and say "How in the hell did he make that save" Obviously I want them to play positionally but even the best goalies (Thomas, Luongo, and Niemi) are all over the place during loose pucks around the net. Also the hitting looked a little bit better. The collisions are a little more life like. When a guy goes straight at a player, the player he hits gets stood up instead of flying over the ice like in NHL 11.

It's still hard to take any of the video footage though because it's not an in game kind of a scenario. It may be actual gameplay footage, but not an in game broadcast. It sounds like those are only a select few of the features though which is a good thing. I'm happy that a couple of them were gameplay. Hopefully the next batch of info will be some more gameplay changes.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 05-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #64
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What's new in NHL 12? Video

I just want presentation, real faces, BE A GM FIXED!!! New sim engine (not Crosby getting 67 pts in 82 games, even if I give him 99 stats in everything. I like online as is, I'm a more drop in OTP player.

I am completely ignoring the stupid glass breaking, tie ups, Winter Classic crap, I've seen it before in other games by EA and the Winter Classic would've been surprising to me if it was in the game 3 years ago, not now. Give me something real EA, not this sugar coated crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »