Home

Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #161
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
Can you please explain how you "know" they spent dev time on this that could have been spent on things they wouldn't have charged for? The resources spent on developing this didn't necessarily take away from the team working on the base product and could have been created specifically for this revenue-generating add-on in mind. I'm not saying it definitely was one way or another, but to say you KNOW that is what happened I think is a little presumptuous.
Both are bad for different reasons. Either they took time that could've been better used on the $60 game or they were so confident they could generate revenue doing this they added on extra hours. Pick your poison. If it's the latter just know that things will very likely get a lot worse in the future when it comes to micro-transactions. Because they know people will run out and buy.

Quote:
Again, this is subject to opinion. You can do everything in your OD on your xbox without having these. If you want to move to another platform (PC) to perform these activities, you pay a premium. Its the definition of add-on. Just because you believe it should be part of the base package doesn't make it so.
Again if you want access to the full OD feature set. The complete list of things they added it will cost you $67 instead of $60. Period. We can sit here and pretend it's an add-on PC game or however you guys want to frame it. This isn't EA packaging NBA Jam with NBA Elite. This is them charging you $3 to advance your dynasty from your computer.

Quote:
Was I disappointed when I saw it was a premium add-on today? Very... but I understand why they did it this way and if given the option between having these features for $7 and not having them at all I'd rather be where we are now.
Yes you sound very disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

I think the conversation on microtransactions has run its course, from here on we are just saying the same things. Bottom line if they weren't going to charge for these particular items I don't think we were going to get them due to the additional costs its going to incur EA to host them. Contrary to your sarcasm yes I am disappointed we have to pay for these features, but I am happy we are GETTING the features and if I have to choose between not getting them at all or paying for them I'll gladly pay for them. You seem to be of the opposite opinion, if you can't get them for free you would rather no one get them. That is fine, you are entitled to that opinion. I just disagree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
This is them charging you $3 to advance your dynasty from your computer.
Finally we agree on something!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #163
Pro

OVR: 16

Let me see here...We cant hire/fire our own coordinators when we are HC? Uhhhh, anyone else see this issue here? Head Coaches make the final decision on hiring/firing assistants. AD's can recommend what to do or send an ultimatum of "his head or yours", but they cannot fire them. That is the job of the coaches. This should be put in the game, or it just renders the coaching carousel useless. I am sure this is just a coding issue that can be patched, correct? Also, as a coordinator, you should only recruit for your side of the ball. You should not have the final say over all of recruiting. Also, the HC should recommend to whom you offer a scholarship to. Otherwise, a coordinator means nothing besides only controlling the game play on one side of the ball.

As for 2013, I expect to see the addition of ratings for the coaches, like offense and defense, maybe positions and also recruiting. Maybe teaching and potential rating can be added. As well as anything that was not patched in, like HC's hiring/firing coordinators and the recruiting thing. The point is to feel the full effect of coaching carousel, like we do in CH 2k8. Maybe also add in an AD Mode to the off season Dynasty, as well as Spring Games and HS All American Games.

RTG looks to be good. But I do have one axe to grind. We have to play both sides of the ball? Really? Yeah, most high schools have players playing both sides but that could be a depth issue or if the player is just too good at the other side also. But look at recruiting, QB's rarely play both sides. OL dont play both sides. DL dont really play both sides. Correct me if I am misinterpreting this, but it does seem like we have to play both sides.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:15 PM   #164
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

"Your coaching prestige and job security change from week to week, so you’ll have to ride the rollercoaster all season, and this also affects your recruiting. If you’re on the hot seat, for example, players may be less inclined to sign onto your program."

Haven't seen anyone talk about this piece of information yet, sounds great.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #165
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I think the conversation on microtransactions has run its course, from here on we are just saying the same things. Bottom line if they weren't going to charge for these particular items I don't think we were going to get them due to the additional costs its going to incur EA to host them. Contrary to your sarcasm yes I am disappointed we have to pay for these features, but I am happy we are GETTING the features and if I have to choose between not getting them at all or paying for them I'll gladly pay for them. You seem to be of the opposite opinion, if you can't get them for free you would rather no one get them. That is fine, you are entitled to that opinion. I just disagree with it.

Finally we agree on something!

You aint kiddin', how many other sports games let you advance your dynasty on the computer? How many let you actually sim games on the computer? Exactly, if you want to be a cheapass and not pay less than 10 bucks for a pretty cool feature then quit complaining and don't buy the game, otherwise deal with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #166
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
RTG looks to be good. But I do have one axe to grind. We have to play both sides of the ball? Really? Yeah, most high schools have players playing both sides but that could be a depth issue or if the player is just too good at the other side also. But look at recruiting, QB's rarely play both sides. OL dont play both sides. DL dont really play both sides. Correct me if I am misinterpreting this, but it does seem like we have to play both sides.
I dont think we HAVE too. I think it would be an option. Only Athletic QBs play both sides.
It is a great option though. I would love to play Power RB and LB or WR/DB. IT adds depth. RTG will be great.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Most high school players who are college talents play both ways in high school because they are the best player at that school. Lineman play both OL and DL. QBs (even pocket passers are often among the more athletic players on their high school teams, although not always)/WRs are often in the secondary on defense. If they are getting recruited they are just that good compared to the other players on the team.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #168
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Will it be possible to import your player from RTG into dynasty as a coach?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »