Home

Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

This is a discussion on Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #145
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo972
"No conference creation or BCS playoff-style tournament" I'm sold!
Way to overlook all the other improvements.
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #146
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Nah.

It's just supersimming the game from your computer instead of from your console. That's like saying online recruiting is a add-on PC game. Luckily for us that "game" is free.
I guess I must have been out of the video game world too long now. Most console games must provide the ability to do things online that pertain to the game? If that's the case, I'll understand you guys up in arms about paying $7 for it...like I said I could understand anyway.

Good thing it's an option, and you can still do anything that the add-on allows you to do online, on your console.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #147
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Entire List of NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode and Road to Glory Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
I guess I must have been out of the video game world too long now. Most console games must provide the ability to do things online that pertain to the game? If that's the case, I'll understand you guys up in arms about paying $7 for it...like I said I could understand anyway.

Good thing it's an option, and you can still do anything that the add-on allows you to do online, on your console.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I don't see how you came to this conclusion based on anything I said. Not even sure why you're asking me this.

And yes it is an option, that part was never up for debate.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'm not overlooking all the other great improvements but bcs playoff is one of the things that NCAA is not doing but ea has the ballz to to do!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #149
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMiller84
This is the best news EA has ever brought into this series. This will be the best sports game of the year. I don't think this game will leave my console until MW3 comes out. The ability to recreate my high school days is insane. To play on both sides of the ball.For Dynasty mode or Team Builder, does anyone know if we will see conf. football patches when you import teams or jump conferences. For example, if Georgia Tech moves into the SEC will they replace the ACC patch on the jersey with the SEC patch like they do the logos on the field.

That got me really excited too, a lot of top prospects play both ways. Clemson's 2 5* LBs coming in both played RB and were very good. I played mostly defense in HS because our team was good enough on offense that I didn't have to play both ways but I sometimes I wish I played more on offense and now I will be able to do that!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #150
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Sometimes only one thing will dictate a person's purchase or not. He might only buy the game when it gets the playoff option. If that is the case, it is his loss.

― Plato
Old 05-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #151
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't see how you came to this conclusion based on anything I said. Not even sure why you're asking me this.

And yes it is an option, that part was never up for debate.
My point is, and has been that it's not unreasonable that they are charging people for a feature that gives users the ability to play the game [albeit a sim-based version] from anywhere there is an internet connection.

I don't think any other games give you that as part of the $60 you would pay for it. But I don't know the answer to that, since I don't play more than a game or two, hence me asking.

I'm not throwing shots at you, just responding to your post about why people are defending what they are doing. No need to get defensive about it.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's just supersimming the game from your computer instead of from your console. That's like saying online recruiting is a add-on PC game. Luckily for us that "game" is free.
Honestly that is correct, I am surprised they did not build online recruiting into the online "premium" package you have to pay for. No one said additional online "separate from your xbox" features had to be included in the game (obviously the online features within the xbox game are a different matter). If we were talking about features you accessed from within your xbox console I'd be right with you in questioning this.

Quote:
All I know is they spent dev time on both time that could've instead have been spent on things included in the $60 game.
Can you please explain how you "know" they spent dev time on this that could have been spent on things they wouldn't have charged for? The resources spent on developing this didn't necessarily take away from the team working on the base product and could have been created specifically for this revenue-generating add-on in mind. I'm not saying it definitely was one way or another, but to say you KNOW that is what happened I think is a little presumptuous.

Quote:
If you want access to the full OD feature set they worked on it's a $67 game not a $60 one. If you're fine paying $67 then ok, good for you. Just don't try to make it something it's not.
Again, this is subject to opinion. You can do everything in your OD on your xbox without having these. If you want to move to another platform (PC) to perform these activities, you pay a premium. Its the definition of add-on. Just because you believe it should be part of the base package doesn't make it so.

you can disagree with me all you want, I have no problem with other opinions, and I'm not saying I'm definitively right or that there even is a right, what I am arguing is your making it black and white that its nowa $67 product and they took dev time away from the base product and that this is definitely part of the full OD feature set. Yes I am ok paying the additional $7 for the add-on as I will use it more than enough to get my money's worth. Do I wish it were free? Of course. Was I disappointed when I saw it was a premium add-on today? Very... but I understand why they did it this way and if given the option between having these features for $7 and not having them at all I'd rather be where we are now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »