Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #249
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccy46
This is something that is bothering me, Played a game before that got ridiculously out of hand. Playing the Yankees in my Rays franchise and by the fourth dig the score was 11-9 my way, i had 4 HR's to this point and the cpu had 9. The next 5 digs the game was shutdown and i walked away with a 13-9 run win. Finished with 13 runs 5 HR's on 21 hits and the Yankees finished with 9 runs of 9 hits all of them HR's.

I get that teams light it up some days but to get 9 HR's so easily is absurd.

Other than that im fairly happy with the patch.
Last friday night, arrieta and the O's gave up 6 HR's to the nationals whom arent really known for power. So 9 really isnt that far fetched. CPU just had your number that day. Now if this happens every day then something need to be adjusted.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

From the weeks (pre and post patch) that I've been playing this game I've only given up one HR and that was a cutter down-away to A.Gonzo.

With the new patch I've been hitting HRs more frequently though. It happens with the same players too.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #251
Rookie

SynShadowzz's Arena

OVR: 3

I have to say, 80% of my (or the CPU's) HR's are opposite field shots. I don't see many pulled HR's...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #252
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynShadowzz
I have to say, 80% of my (or the CPU's) HR's are opposite field shots. I don't see many pulled HR's...
Mine are pretty evenly distributed. If you pitch away all the time, the homers are going to opposite field. If you pitch inside they will get pulled.

If all of the homers are going to the opposite field, I think that's more reflective of your pitching approach than anything else.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #253
Rookie

I'm having the opposite problem now. I've played like 5 games in a row where neither team has hit a HR. It's rare to even get a hard hit ball anymore. Just singles mostly.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 5

As for the people saying they have been hitting more HRs, for me it's too early to tell. I've played 4 games since the patch, and in only one of them did I hit a HR. I happened to hit 4 (4 different players), but haven't hit any in my other games.

Still scoring a lot of runs though. I love that in this game you don't have to hit HRs to score like the last 2 or 3 versions of the MLB 2K franchise. It always felt HR heavy in years past, but this year I think they have a great mix.

Last night I scored 12 runs on 19 hits without hitting a single HR. At the same time, the game before that I scored 4 runs on 7 hits, so it's not always an offensive explosion every night.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #255
Rookie

Could they have done something with the last roster update? I was hitting HR's just fine until about 3-4 days ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #256
Rookie

They definitely did something with the new roster update. I downloaded and played with the previous one, 5/13 i think was the date, and the difference is huge. The ball was jumping off the bat, and i gave up a HR in the 3rd inning-after going the last 5 or so games with out giving up a single HR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »