Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
I'm playing a Franchise game and in the Game Stats summary, nothing shows up. I hit a home run, double, and stole a base with various players and instead of the season total in parentheses its just zero.
i am playing franchise mode and when my players come to the plate they have avg and hr from 2010 antone else have this glitch, pisses me off 2k couldnt make a clean game if they had a ten million dollar budget i hope another company makes a great baseball game next year kicks there ***!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #242
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees3333
i am playing franchise mode and when my players come to the plate they have avg and hr from 2010 antone else have this glitch, pisses me off 2k couldnt make a clean game if they had a ten million dollar budget i hope another company makes a great baseball game next year kicks there ***!!
It does that for the first few weeks of the season (just like in real life) because the season has barely started and the batting averages are from such a small sample size. It's not a bug or glitch, lol.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #243
Banned

Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Auto Fielding is not that good: My Phillies are number in Fielding Overall but number 22 in the majors team stats.

auto baserunning works fairly well, not perfect, but close.

I still make more line drive outs than the CPU by a wide margin, not as bad as before.

Overall, I am very pleased with the new patch. There are still some things that need to be fixed: using classic pitching puts a cap on how fast you can throw a two-seam fastball, 95 mph, while the CPU can throw 99. The game summary needs to be fixed.

All in all, I think the patch is a success story that needs a few rewrites.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #244
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
Home runs seem to be easier to hit, contact and power at 50. CPU batters seem pretty much the same to me, maybe a tad smarter.
This is something that is bothering me, Played a game before that got ridiculously out of hand. Playing the Yankees in my Rays franchise and by the fourth dig the score was 11-9 my way, i had 4 HR's to this point and the cpu had 9. The next 5 digs the game was shutdown and i walked away with a 13-9 run win. Finished with 13 runs 5 HR's on 21 hits and the Yankees finished with 9 runs of 9 hits all of them HR's.

I get that teams light it up some days but to get 9 HR's so easily is absurd.

Other than that im fairly happy with the patch.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #245
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccy46
This is something that is bothering me, Played a game before that got ridiculously out of hand. Playing the Yankees in my Rays franchise and by the fourth dig the score was 11-9 my way, i had 4 HR's to this point and the cpu had 9. The next 5 digs the game was shutdown and i walked away with a 13-9 run win. Finished with 13 runs 5 HR's on 21 hits and the Yankees finished with 9 runs of 9 hits all of them HR's.

I get that teams light it up some days but to get 9 HR's so easily is absurd.

Other than that im fairly happy with the patch.
9 solo shots? You gotta work on the pitching man...
Dallas Mavericks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #246
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStars15
9 solo shots? You gotta work on the pitching man...
I know lol. Half those shots were from pitches off the plate, i'd throw one outside and it still wold get pulled for a bomb.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #247
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccy46
I know lol. Half those shots were from pitches off the plate, i'd throw one outside and it still wold get pulled for a bomb.
You would think outside and they go opposite field...amazing CPU batters...
Old 05-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #248
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
You would think outside and they go opposite field...amazing CPU batters...
I'm of the belief that they made the hitting system too restrictive this year (although not as bad as MVP 05). A pitch over the outer half shouldn't be a problem to pull for a HR but this game makes it very hard to do.

A guy like Jose Bautista hit ONE HR out of 54 to the opposite field in 2010. All 33 HRs at home were to left field (see image below). Under 2K's engine we should just nibble at the outside of the plate and force him to hit all his HRs the opposite way but that's not real baseball. Why don't real pitchers just pitch him outside and force Jose to hit them to the opposite field? Because he can pull outside pitches for HRs. So they still pitch him inside and outside and know he can pull almost any pitch for a HR. I know it's tough to get push and pull power tendencies correct but 2K took a backwards step in this area imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »