Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #225
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Have the errors been improved? Pre-patch there wasn't enough booted balls imo, even with the gathering error slider at 100. The user NEVER commits any throwing errors either under the pre-patch way unless you totally screw it up. I think I've had one throwing error in my franchise. Did they fix this area at all? They needed to add a chance for error when the throwing meter was in the green and the patch notes don't say anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #226
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

After playing 5 games in franchise, my feelings are somewhat mixed on the patch. The addition of auto fielding has its problems, one of which is errors. In 5 games, my team the Phillies has over 5 errors! It doesn't matter who it is, no one is immune, not even Yadier Molina.

Home runs seem to be easier to hit, contact and power at 50. CPU batters seem pretty much the same to me, maybe a tad smarter.

Fatigue is not perfect: my catcher played 3 games, off one day, played a game and was 88 energy. How could he play 3 games and be off 1 day and be 88 energy? This is start of season. My regular lineup guys did get their off day recuperation, but it looks like catchers are exempt.

The other thing that bugs me is my pitcher threw four pitches and went from 100 to 92 energy--even next day! First of all, why should 4 pitches reduce his stamina by 8?

I just hope the freezing is over.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 1

I get the boxscore zeros, and one time the player of the game option after the game was all black and couldn't be clicked on.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #228
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Have the errors been improved? Pre-patch there wasn't enough booted balls imo, even with the gathering error slider at 100. The user NEVER commits any throwing errors either under the pre-patch way unless you totally screw it up. I think I've had one throwing error in my franchise. Did they fix this area at all? They needed to add a chance for error when the throwing meter was in the green and the patch notes don't say anything.
I think errors are spot on right now. I'm really liking the way it feels. I've both throwing and gather errors. Better, I've seen none of the silly OF errors that came up when the gather slider was too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
Fatigue is not perfect: my catcher played 3 games, off one day, played a game and was 88 energy. How could he play 3 games and be off 1 day and be 88 energy? This is start of season. My regular lineup guys did get their off day recuperation, but it looks like catchers are exempt.
I like that players are not going to be 100% all the time, even after a day off. I will have to see how the season progresses, but this is exactly how I wish fatigue would be handled. It forces you to make real decisions about who to play and when.

But then, I'm a Cardinal fan, and this is right in LaRussa's wheelhouse. I don't want to just play different guys and jumble line-ups like Tony. I want to look at my roster and have a legitimate reason for doing so. I might drop a guy in the order becasue he is at 79% vs a worse hitter that is at 93%.

Now, how the fatigue actually affect gameplay is the real question. When a 78% batter swings over the top of a 87 MPH fastball that was timed perfectly, is someone going to be happy that the game is having an effect, or will they throw their controller becasue they just got screwed.

This is the danger is trying to introduce a lot of strategy and realism into the game.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #229
Banned

Maybe I didn't express it correctly. Other than my catcher, the guys do recover 100% after a day off but my catcher doesn't. It's seems like my catcher did not benefit from a day off and my other position players did. This is a day off via scheduling.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #230
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Also, since I lowered the runner aggression to 80 from 85, I have not seen the bug where the batter rounds first on a double play he beats out, only to be tagged by the first baseman.

With fatigue fixed, and things tuned, this plays like a 9/10 game now. Seriously, I love the game. I thought it was a 7/10 before. Maybe 7.5/10.

In my MLB today game, Carpenter mowed down the Royals for 7+ innings. But as he approached 100 pitches, I could tell he was losing it. He had a shutout going, and really tried to get it for him. He took a 6-0 lead into the 8th inning, but gave up two hits. With men on first and third, I knew I should have gotten him out, but I went one batter too long, and Alex Gordon made it a three run game.

Offesively, I had a great game, drawing six walks and getting 13 hits, including aground rule double from Tyler Greene. I think the game is getting more power to those little guys occasionally. I had one HR, which was from Holliday.

the CPU made a bonehead move, as Jeff Francis was getting up in his pitch count, but struck out two straight batters to open the 5th inning. the CPU then brought in Tejada, who gave up the jack to Holliday.

But then, American League ball is so silly, that you don't have the same reason to try to get pitchers to finish innings.

The patch came at the right time, as I will probably shelve (sell?) NCAA 11 and delve into some hardball for awhile.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #231
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
Maybe I didn't express it correctly. Other than my catcher, the guys do recover 100% after a day off but my catcher doesn't. It's seems like my catcher did not benefit from a day off and my other position players did. This is a day off via scheduling.
Okay, I see. I still thnk that might be okay. It will really be worth looking at though. Catchers should have a harder time being healthy than everyone else. Whether they got it balanced right is another question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #232
Pro

OVR: 8

Any word on when the patch for the PS3 will be out??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »