Home

Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
how the nba goes about free agency signing and nfl are two complete diffrent things.
it's not really the going about it part but the "immersion" you hear stories of players taking less to play for a winner and this appears to be gone now, or with player roles the Drew Brees situation before NO. 5-6 teams could offer a back up role but you really want him and think he can start so you offer the starter role to him how it works in 2k. It may not be simple, but i enjoy in depth more.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Chatting with Josh Looman about Madden's Franchise Mode

I'm glad he could lend some clarity to the dynamic ratings in franchise. I like the idea of ratings fluctuating regardless.

Gotta wonder what Romo's consistency rating will be. A 2 or a 3? Toss up, eh?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 13
At least now we got confirmation that the E3 announcements concerning Dynamic Performance stretch beyond Franchise mode. It seems like it will swing ratings throughout the game itself based on situations and results, and maybe computerized ratings changes every week based on real life statistics might leave Donny without a job haha jk.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
In the blog he said something like "if you think a guy is going to go around 20..." So looks like they didn't bother dealing with improved draft selections.

I don't want to look at a guy's stats and guess he should last til around 20 (how do I know what the cpu thinks he and others are worth) At least give improved projections (top 5, top 10, mid first, late first, top 2nd etc.)

This is why they should have put mel and his big board/mock draft in.
He said that because teams will still draft to their personalities. If you're sitting at 10, and the Raiders are at 5, of course Mel would project the Raiders to pick, say, AJ Green, if he was available. But if they pass on that projection, like they did by picking DHB over Crabtree in 09, and pick Torrey Green, a speedster, now you're licking your chops because there's a good chance, depending on the teams ahead of you, that you can get one of the top 2 WRs for you're team, when you might have expected to take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd you were less sure about.

No need for a big board, really, because teams have personalities, but it would be nice to get an idea. However, why not just create you're own big board, if you know team personalities and needs, to give yourself an idea?

Yeah the experts make mock drafts and big boards, but so do the individual teams and GMs. Remember, the Bills expected the Broncos to pick Marcell Dareus, but they had to have a backup plan to employ just in case they went with, say, Von Miller (Who they did pick) or Patrick Peterson.

A little hard work never hurts anyone, does it?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #21
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i dont like that free agents just go where they are offered the most money. Lets say the Patriots are offering Chad OchoCinco and the Browns are offering Chad OchoCinco and the money is close but the Browns are offering more you think he's going to just take the money and play on another crappy team, in a crappy city where he's gotta play Pittsburgh & Baltimore twice a year and prob never win a Super Bowl. Or is he going to go play with Brady, play on a team constantly in the playoffs where he has a chance to win?

Thats why i dont like that guys just go to the money. Other factors should be considered. If its a young guy then maybe money is more important than rings but if its a guy who hasn't won a ring yet he'll be more willing to take less for a shot at a title.
I agree, but I understand where Looman is coming from as well. I've yet to play a game that attempted this and couldn't be overridden with money. Eventually, there is only so much logic in place.

It sounded like he was open to (and even leaning towards) the idea of introducing other factors back into the equation, but just wanted it to be obvious and sensible for the user.

I respect the fact that they are finally seeming to try and get things right and plan to build on them than just throw in stuff for the sake of it. If this bidding system works (and I like it in HC), maybe they can add competing factors that will give you an edge if you don't offer the most $$$.

The bright side, I believe it was already stated that veterans, rookies, and guys in their primes will all demand different salaries. The same based on position as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
And still nothing about how the free agent bidding system works with multi-users?
Well I would think teams would go at it, as usual. Just like people could look at one page on the internet, and all be looking at different parts, all the players could be bidding on different players, against the human players or CPU who are interested, all at the same time. It would eliminate that 30 day wait, and make you have to work harder, because you'd have to go back and forth, keeping tabs on you're players. Its gonna be hectic, that's for sure, if you have guys who are really involved in the franchise.

Offline could be troubling, anf I have a feeling that's what you're getting at. But Offline franchise is kinda sorta dead. I couldnt imagine more than 4 users in an offline 'chise, which would allow all users to be present and bid on guys.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #23
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vln13
At least now we got confirmation that the E3 announcements concerning Dynamic Performance stretch beyond Franchise mode. It seems like it will swing ratings throughout the game itself based on situations and results, and maybe computerized ratings changes every week based on real life statistics might leave Donny without a job haha jk.
Most likely he was referring to Player Traits/Tendencies that will represent EVERY individual player's on field habits in ALL game modes.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Not really much news in this. I still have two questions that I'd like to be answered, but can find an answer to.

1. How dynamic are Dynamic Gameplans? Will it adapt every season, game, quarter or minute of a game?

2. Does expanded rosters mean that gamers have to use one of the 53 spots on a long snapper or does that position still not exist?
I don't think a Long Snapper position would exist. LS are usually backup lineman, so it wouldn't make sense to have a specific position for it. However, it would be easier with the expanded rosters to include every team's LS in the game, and make them a decent Lineman so we could keep them as a serviceable backup if we wanted, or cut em outright and make someone else the LS. Some teams use a LB as the long snapper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »