Home

Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #41
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode (Part 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Do you EA bashers take pride and glory in going back to see if EA already used a feature?

I mean, even you stated it was horribly broken, so isnt it kind of, i don't know, GOOD they "shined it up a bit?"
I got the impression he felt it is a good thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

When I got NFL Head Coach 09 back in the day and loved it, I knew there was only one thing missing for it to be a really amazing game. That was gameplay, and the ability to play your team's games. Now, Madden 12 will show me what I always wanted, so it deserves a pre-order in my opinion. It will also be great for simulating, as I have always loved simulating in my sports games.

But another thing I love is the player models. The draftees look like real people (they may actually be real people)and I give props to whoever made those models, as they are high class. Madden 12 is looking amazing.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #43
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

Head Coach yes was amazing in vision on what features a game should have
but if you look at 2k games they are all pretty in depth on what you can do
the problem with madden is they change development crews constantly
heck they took the guy from there hockey game put him on there basketball game the nba elite game and we all know how that worked out, and he is a wizard when it comes to the hockey series.

it takes time to build a game but we should all thank the nfl for a great game this yr you see when they gave ea sports a extra yr for free that free up money for them to hire people they did say there developers were twice the size why do you think that is possible ? cause they do not have to pay for the licence for a year.

the guy josh looman i feel is the best they have he has great vision on what football should be them adding so many feature to make players not feel the same will give the game great replay value.
they just need to add more features in the coming games
Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #44
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
True. But that was in Madden 11 last year. I bet you couldn't tell though, when FA rolled around. That's how broken it was. You could buy any player you wanted, as long as you had the cap space. With the bidding, and refined salary/cap, you wont see random guys going to play for random teams just because. I mean, it'll still be random, but teams will have to settle if they lose on a bid because other teams will overbid. Kind of like Auction drafts in fantasy football. And with the potential, DDP, etc., they may hit on a diamond in the rough in an underachiever anyway.
you're right i didn't notice because i didn't buy the game last year
Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #45
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
There seems like there is alot of room for major bugs and errors in this system, lets hope they Tested the crap out of this. I see a Tsunami of complaints in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
There seems like there is alot of room for major bugs and errors in this system, lets hope they Tested the crap out of this. I see a Tsunami of complaints in the future.
Agreed, if it happens, tuner sets may help out. Cuts the time down vs patches.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #47
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

He really side stepped the question of who plays when. Sounds like QB of the future role will not matter at all when it comes to playing time if their is a slightly higher rated veteran on the team, even if the team sucks and in real life that team would be playing the younger guys to get them experience and evaluate them for the future.

Oh well, cant expect everything... I'm sure they will try to work that kind logic into the game in the future.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
He really side stepped the question of who plays when. Sounds like QB of the future role will not matter at all when it comes to playing time if their is a slightly higher rated veteran on the team, even if the team sucks and in real life that team would be playing the younger guys to get them experience and evaluate them for the future.

Oh well, cant expect everything... I'm sure they will try to work that kind logic into the game in the future.
OS didn't ask that. It basically asked if the veteran/incumbent would ever get pulled if the team was losing/in a rebuilding mode. Think of the Jaguars or 49ers, or possibly even the Seahawks with them having Hasselbeck and Whitehurst. Since the QB of the future expects to be starting by his 4th year in the league, the team will be evaluating on a yearly basis whether or not they should cut the incumbent and insert the QBof the Future, or trade that QB of the future if the incumbent begins to play well - which is the 49ers situation, generally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »