Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #361
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshog78
I apologize for this question if it's been answered.
With PSN being down, how do I get this patch?
Quit game, then start the game and if you are connected to network you'll be prompted for the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 05:05 PM   #362
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Effect
Is this patch worth downloading or should I try to wait for a next one? I heard there was a problem with saving rosters and franchises?
I think the people having problems are using aftermarket third party rosters. I'm using the April 11 roster update and there are no problems. Using a third party roster is like putting an aftermarket bumper on your car, it voids the warranty.

If you progress past the first season you need the patch.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #363
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipsnade
everyone keeps saying to decrease pitch speed to help hitting fastballs and that would probably be okay IF you were only playing off-line.
So what happens when you get an on-line game and the pitch speed is back to default?
I'm new to the game this year but I'm under the impression that pitch speed stays at default on-line. Is this right?
I love hitting with pitch speed 10 as it feels more authentic and rewarding to me that way. You will get used to a given pitch speed after putting enough practice into it. Lowering it definitely helps by giving you more time for pitch recognition, but even at a given pitch speed setting, you'll have to deal with pitchers throwing in high-90s one day and then mid-80s next, with which the slider won't help you closing the gap. Between max and min pitch speeds, you'll be adjusting for about 10 - 20 mph, in terms of how you visually feel those pitches travel.

Sorry, I'm not sure about how sliders are set for online play; never played online.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #364
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6

as long as your PS3 is setup to connect to the internet, it should prompt you to download the patch when you boot the game up.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #365
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: A Specific Question About the Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't think the patch has anything to do with your struggles. Try practicing or decreasing pitch speed.
You're probably right - however, I never had a single problem timing a fastball before the patch. If anything, I was oftentimes too early on fastballs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #366
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I wish they'd fix plays at the plate. As previously mentioned, seems the ball always is thrown up the first base line and no sense of urgency by the cachter to tag the runner heading for home.
I thought this was the case (even this year), as every time there was a throw to home, it was how you describe. There was just a throw in my last game from the AI to the 3rd base side (to tag my runner out) and I have had throws to the ~center and 3rd base side playing in games this weekend. I'm glad this has been updated, just be patient and you should see this has been updated!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #367
Pro

Fictionix's Arena

OVR: 10

How can I tell if I have the patch? Im not sure I remember downloading it. Also will the patch work if my season is already in progress? Thanks

P.S

Thankyou for fixing the issue of throwing down to first with the catcher that allowed the runner to advance to second.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #368
Pro

MauerMorneau09's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionix
How can I tell if I have the patch? Im not sure I remember downloading it. Also will the patch work if my season is already in progress? Thanks

P.S

Thankyou for fixing the issue of throwing down to first with the catcher that allowed the runner to advance to second.
On the XMB, scroll to the "Game" Section and click on Game Data Utility. Go to the MLB 11: The Show data, hit triangle and go to information and it will say what version you have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »