Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #345
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Timing hitting isn't luck, it's based on player attributes. It's not some random luck of the draw, it relies on the batters attributes.
Sorry, let me re-phrase my statement.

I like the ability to move my PCI low to avoid grounders/double plays, move it high to hit a ground ball on a hit and run, move it away to hit the ball the opposite way, etc.

In short, situational hitting.

Timing hitting does not allow for situational hitting. Its like I am the Phillies; just a bunch of hitters in batting practice with no regard to the situation.

Plus, I hate seeing a nice hanging slider coming down the middle of the plate, and swing with perfect timing, just to watch my batter swing and miss, and notice my PCI is all the way up. Then, the next pitch is a nasty slider in the corner that I get fooled on; but the same batter smokes it up the middle for a single; PCI revealing my hitters perfect approach. If I must ignore my own vision and trust the game's attributes, then just let them swing the bat too. Why should timing be manual if vision is auto?

Last edited by Black59Razr; 04-30-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #346
Pro

OVR: 24

Luck =/= random. On any given pitch, you have a chance of making contact, and you have a chance of not making contact. You can play with the same batter for 3 hours, but you will not get identical results on identical pitches, as there is an element of chance. Timing IS luck, there is no way around it
Old 05-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 2

anybody else noticed that since the new patch there no passed balls by the catcher any more and that he rarely block balls ? he seems to catch every ball in the dirt without a problem before the new patch there way to many wild pitches/passed balls now there we see almost none, I´v playd about 20 games since the patch and no base so far which would effected to a wild pitch
Nba:Raptors
Old 05-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #348
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

If you'd like to see more wild pitches, try turning down pitcher consistency.

They may have improved catchers too much, but personally I'd rather they were too good than what we had pre-patch.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #349
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6

I didn't have time to read through the threads in the last couple of days, so i don't know if SCEA will release a third patch for MLB 11 at all. If so, i would really be happy to see that annoying home crowd booing getting fixed after their pitcher has thrown strikes. I really don't get why it hasn't been fixed yet because it's a basic deficiency that happens more than five times a game. Please, fix it, guys!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #350
Rookie

OVR: 1
Exclamation A Specific Question About the Patch

Now, I've seen a few people griping that they've been late on fastballs since MLB 09 -- and I always chalked it up to them just not being very good, or the sliders being out of whack.

However, since the 1.16 patch, I've found myself in a similar situation -- I'm not just late, I'm getting beaten. I am wholly incapable of turning on a fastball, regardless of velocity. Sure, it's come with me being able to all of a sudden hit off-speed offerings, when I could never really do so with any regularity before. My TV has never been an issue with me before with regards to lag, and I've even turned down my pitch speed by a notch, then another... until I've sat at 3 for pitch speed. Now I'm early on the junk, but I'm *still* getting beaten. I was a damn good hitter for a long time, now I'm inept.

I saw that the patch made analog hitting "easier" - if I may be so inquisitive, what exactly what changed? It's really discouraging that I can't play the game I love at the level I expect to.

Thanks in advance! I hope that theres a simple solution to this.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #351
MGK
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: A Specific Question About the Patch

It seems as though the patch has made timing fastballs more difficult.

I'm now whiffing on fastballs over the heart of the plate on 2-0 counts. Pre-patch, that was a base hit 50% of the time.

I suggest adjusting the timing slider. Haven't tried doing so yet, but I assume that would help resolve the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #352
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: A Specific Question About the Patch

This is exactly what I've been talking about. I'm literally late on every single fastball unless I just go ahead and swing without even trying to pick up the pitch. I'm thinking about increasing the timing for human hitting. Its just getting ridiculous how late I am all the time. I feel like I'm timing it but when I look at the PCI it always says Late or Very Late. Or my favorite, Too Late.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »