Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #217
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
Just DL'd the patch and had no issues loading/saving pre-existing franchise. I am using OSFM 2.0 with stances, equipment, and pitch edits by the way.
I was 10 games into my franchise with OSFM 2.0 with stances and equipment when I DL'd the patch. I am now 22 games in, and have yet to have a saving or loading problem. I have also made in game saves since the patch with no problem. So looks like its not happening to everyone that started a franchise pre patch with edited rosters.

OsVets 1 - Texans
OSVets 2 - Raiders (9-7 afc west champs)
4th & 1 - 49ers

LOEG - Pittsburgh Penguins (11-8-4)
Old 04-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #218
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Heres hoping this can be fixed but with SCEA having released the "big" patch for the year i think we might be stuck with it, which to me, while not a game killer at all, is very sad that the no.1 sports gaming franchise of all time would leave their product with such a glaring error for the whole year.

Who knows, time will tell.
So is it usually the case that a patch of this size was the last title update for past years' releases? That would be unfortunate, though I understand they cannot keep working on this year's game with a new one on the horizon.

I don't know how bad it was last year, but it looks like this is the same problem, so it might be easy for them to fix though. At least they probably know how to fix it. Perhaps just a matter of resources they can put in continuing fixing bugs..

It reappeared in this year's game probably because when they fixed it for '10, they already were starting off '11 with an older code base... who knows.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #219
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
I have to say, this little bugger is a bit of a doozy. Lets hope it gets looked at before it's too late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
So is it usually the case that a patch of this size was the last title update for past years' releases? That would be unfortunate, though I understand they cannot keep working on this year's game with a new one on the horizon.

I don't know how bad it was last year, but it looks like this is the same problem, so it might be easy for them to fix though. At least they probably know how to fix it. Perhaps just a matter of resources they can put in continuing fixing bugs..

It reappeared in this year's game probably because when they fixed it for '10, they already were starting off '11 with an older code base... who knows.
Indeed guys.

The good thing is this obviously only happens in played games and not CPU v CPU simmed games for the other teams, so it wont throw numbers off that much, and it doesnt happen to the user, only the CPU when he puts ball 4 in the dirt, so whilst it will affect some numbers a little it doesnt affect game outcomes which is the key.

Lets hope its patched but if not we will have to live with i guess.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #220
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

So will the PITCHER WARM ever be fixed? I never have any idea what the count is or how many outs there are.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #221
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Man...skewed ERA's as well as fielding percentages from this bug then.

Like i say, im seeing it 2/3 times a game now, really annoying
No, it's not affecting ERAs. It's a phantom error. The walked runner is still correctly counting as an earned run if he comes around to score without a real error being committed somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #222
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Ah right, thanks Azamien, thats good to know, therefore it only affects fielding percentages for that CPU catcher and his team, not so bad.

I am also aware that the devs are onto this issue, no promises of more patches of course but they are looking into this particular glitch today.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well I just caved and downloaded the patch, and thankfully I am not seeing the saving issue that others are. I had a franchise going pre-patch and it loaded and saved fine. However, for those that do have the problem, hopefully it will be resolved soon. I know they are aware of it, and are hopefully working on a solution as I am typing this. Just stay patient guys. It sucks that it seems to be a luck of the draw type problem. Sorry.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Old 04-27-2011, 11:15 AM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Ah right, thanks Azamien, thats good to know, therefore it only affects fielding percentages for that CPU catcher and his team, not so bad.

I am also aware that the devs are onto this issue, no promises of more patches of course but they are looking into this particular glitch today.
Do you know if they are also looking into the saving a new franchise/RTTS issue that some people have experienced?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »