Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This has been mentioned in the other thread and some have said it was happening before the patch so I don't know.

I played over 100 games pre-patch and not once (0 times) the CPU gave an error on a 4th ball in the dirt. 5 post-patch games and it is 3 for 3 on giving an error for the 4th ball in the dirt.

If it happened before it was a very few and far between now it seems like it's going to be 100% of the time.

I don't really mind it as it don't effect anything as long as my hitter get's the stat of getting the walk which he does. Just posting it in here.

So only analog hitting got the bump? I was hitting .219 in 22 games with zone pre-patch and now up to .239 in 5 just games post patch.

Meter pitching is a bit harder. It just throws more way off target stuff even with perfect command. Not too shabby there because that stuff makes the CPU swing at balls more thinking it's getting one in the zone and the pitcher throws it way off target. Kind of like setting up a fastball high in the zone, but hitting the line short of perfect for it to go high.

Overall it made the game near perfect as long as hitting online overall will be better and the disappearing ball thing works. Then the game will be balls to the walls!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #66
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
This has been mentioned in the other thread and some have said it was happening before the patch so I don't know.

I played over 100 games pre-patch and not once (0 times) the CPU gave an error on a 4th ball in the dirt. 5 post-patch games and it is 3 for 3 on giving an error for the 4th ball in the dirt.

If it happened before it was a very few and far between now it seems like it's going to be 100% of the time.
It's because the bug only occurs when the catcher handles the ball cleanly, and prior to the patch they were almost never handling balls in the dirt cleanly. Now they do nearly every time, so the bug is way more apparent.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #67
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscan
Can anyone explain what this means?
Sounds like it has something to do with the probabilities in the equations the game uses to generate outcomes. It's math you don't even want to know.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #68
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Whats the benefit of this item?

Quote:
Users can now share saved data files
I'm assuming this is for sliders and settings, etc?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #69
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

Some people play the same franchise by passing the save file around, controlling different teams.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #70
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim

It means franchise/season files.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:18 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice

I don't really mind it as it don't effect anything as long as my hitter get's the stat of getting the walk which he does. Just posting it in here.

So only analog hitting got the bump? I was hitting .219 in 22 games with zone pre-patch and now up to .239 in 5 just games post patch.

Meter pitching is a bit harder. It just throws more way off target stuff even with perfect command. Not too shabby there because that stuff makes the CPU swing at balls more thinking it's getting one in the zone and the pitcher throws it way off target. Kind of like setting up a fastball high in the zone, but hitting the line short of perfect for it to go high.

Overall it made the game near perfect as long as hitting online overall will be better and the disappearing ball thing works. Then the game will be balls to the walls!!!

Not to be an *** but really?

Your 20 points higher in a 5 game sample size... That proves nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Have you tried that workaround thing someone else found? (I can't quote the post directly because the topic is closed):
This is a workaround and does help, but only starting a new Franchise (or other mode). I deleted the Franchise I was doing before the patch, because of this problem. I think it's important to figure out what happened or is going on, as this could happen again and to a larger group at some point. Again, this is a workaround to start a new mode of the game; I'm sure others are far more into their Franchise/mode and would like a solution/fix or to know if they should just start over if they will not be able to fix this.

Also, if individuals would be more considerate regarding the posts similar to "Thanks SCEA, etc. etc. for the fixes". It gets difficult to sift through the relevant information being discussed in Threads such as this one; the amount of pages to go through just for the posts thanking SCEA or indiviuals gets craaaazy. If one person does it, just say thanks for the whole community. I'm sure just about everyone is grateful for the work that was done; and will always find the ones that didn't get their issue solved. If you end up posting something regarding the topic, just say thanks on that.

Thanks to SCEA for the work on the patch, the game does play better and as previously stated, this game is amazing regarding the improvement this year on the Pitch/Batter interface. If you have any questions regarding the "save" issues some of had, you can contact me, but am sure you can find all the information on the "Impressions thread" discussed earlier.

I did have an issue (since the patch and have pictures) of a possible bullpen issue. Playing the game yesterday, I went to my bullpen and it brought up the AI's bullpen; going to opponents bullpen went to mine. I will see if it's still there and will post in "bugs thread".

Last edited by aktransplant007; 04-25-2011 at 07:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »