Home

MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 11 The Show Title Update 1.16 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktransplant007
This is a workaround and does help, but only starting a new Franchise (or other mode). I deleted the Franchise I was doing before the patch, because of this problem. I think it's important to figure out what happened or is going on, as this could happen again and to a larger group at some point. Again, this is a workaround to start a new mode of the game; I'm sure others are far more into their Franchise/mode and would like a solution/fix or to know if they should just start over if they will not be able to fix this.

Also, if individuals would be more considerate regarding the posts similar to "Thanks SCEA, etc. etc. for the fixes". It gets difficult to sift through the relevant information being discussed in Threads such as this one; the amount of pages to go through just for the posts thanking SCEA or indiviuals gets craaaazy. If one person does it, just say thanks for the whole community. I'm sure just about everyone is grateful for the work that was done; and will always find the ones that didn't get their issue solved. If you end up posting something regarding the topic, just say thanks on that.

Thanks to SCEA for the work on the patch, the game does play better and as previously stated, this game is amazing regarding the improvement this year on the Pitch/Batter interface. If you have any questions regarding the "save" issues some of had, you can contact me, but am sure you can find all the information on the "Impressions thread" discussed earlier.

I did have an issue (since the patch and have pictures) of a possible bullpen issue. Playing the game yesterday, I went to my bullpen and it brought up the AI's bullpen; going to opponents bullpen went to mine. I will see if it's still there and will post in "bugs thread".
I thought it was figured out that if you started a NEW franchise, and saved it, THEN loaded your old existing franchise that wouldn't save, that you could overwrite the "NEW" one with the old one that wouldn't save, and it would work properly at that point? Maybe I misunderstood the workaround.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
Not to be an *** but really?

Your 20 points higher in a 5 game sample size... That proves nothing.
I am getting 25 more hits in 5 games (5 more hits per game) over what I was hitting right after a patch came out. I got 5-6 hits a game consistently and now I am getting 11-12. In 29 games before that I had a .225 batting average in Spring Training. In those 51 games I hit over 10 hits 2 times. Now I have done it 5 games in a row. I didn't add my Spring Training average because I didn't figure out what my Spring Training and 1st 22 games of the season's average was.

So these trends are not a big enough difference for you? Even with just what I posted you should have figured out that I actually have been hitting nearly if not more than 100 points than I was before.

I keep pretty good stats in my excel sheet for my team. I don't just post my thoughts without knowing at least what I see. Like one of my other thoughts was explained with another thought out response that I didn't think of or see posted prior to making my post.

Seriously...
Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I thought it was figured out that if you started a NEW franchise, and saved it, THEN loaded your old existing franchise that wouldn't save, that you could overwrite the "NEW" one with the old one that wouldn't save, and it would work properly at that point? Maybe I misunderstood the workaround.
No, it does not fix Franchises/other modes that were created before the patch and you have this problem. It just makes the roster (other than Default) able to save and create a New Franchise/mode that can be saved. There is some issue regarding not recognizing the individual who originally created the Mode and loading/saving previous Mode.

Also, it was stated somewhere that it may have to do with an indiviuals PS3. Mine was purchased ~Sept/Oct (my fatboy died in less than 2 years), if that helps any.

Last edited by aktransplant007; 04-25-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #84
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrafice
I am getting 25 more hits in 5 games (5 more hits per game) over what I was hitting right after a patch came out. I got 5-6 hits a game consistently and now I am getting 11-12. In 29 games before that I had a .225 batting average in Spring Training. In those 51 games I hit over 10 hits 2 times. Now I have done it 5 games in a row. I didn't add my Spring Training average because I didn't figure out what my Spring Training and 1st 22 games of the season's average was.

So these trends are not a big enough difference for you? Even with just what I posted you should have figured out that I actually have been hitting nearly if not more than 100 points than I was before.

I keep pretty good stats in my excel sheet for my team. I don't just post my thoughts without knowing at least what I see. Like one of my other thoughts was explained with another thought out response that I didn't think of or see posted prior to making my post.

Seriously...
so what is your beef?

If hitting is getting difficult...lower difficulty/adjust sliders. If its getting to easy...raise difficulty/adjust sliders.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
so what is your beef?

If hitting is getting difficult...lower difficulty/adjust sliders. If its getting to easy...raise difficulty/adjust sliders.
I think the other poster cause his response. Any way going to DL it tonight. I like the list. Great job SCEA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #86
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Haven't played in a few days. Those of you who downloaded the latest patch, do you recommend downloading it now or waiting for future updates?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Hmmm, I'm not sure if that would work or not. Seems like it would be the same kind of logic. I still haven't downloaded the patch and I won't until we get information on this bug.

My point is that even if that workaround does work, we shouldn't have to go through a 3-5 step process just to save a game, I mean come on. It's GREAT that we have a workaround (if this does work with existing franchise's) but this must be adressed regardless.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Old 04-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #88
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

the wind is still an issue for me. Played 3 consecutive games now where the wind is above 10mph. I know that can happen, but it seems to be holding the trend of pre-patch.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »