Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #241
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMVP91
Can someone post all the players who need the throwing hand edits? Thanks in advance.
Reed-Mil
Howard-Phi
Brantley-Cle
Damon-TB
Markakis-Bal
Davis-N.Y. N

Sorry about that fellas.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Reed-Mil
Howard-Phi
Brantley-Cle
Damon-TB
Markakis-Bal
Davis-N.Y. N

Sorry about that fellas.

M.K.
Knight165
Thank you.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #243
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003
How about for the sake to save everones confusion and repeated posting, that 1 person knowing exactly what steps need to be taken from beginning of spring training to beginning of your franchise. There seems to be numerous ways from what I have read. If someone can post it one time the correct and easiest steps to take and have it stickied to the front page, all of the "how do I do this?" posting could be avoided possibly. Other than that, Knight did a helluva job on these rosters and they look tremendous. Cant wait to get started on a franchise!!
Because there are two completely separate and different ways of going about it, and an infinite number of options/choices/decisions based on what one wants to control or care about there after.

If you read through the thread there have been several itemized descriptions on the process already. There are also a handful of threads in the general forum, as well as on the front page of the the Spring Training version outlining the process.

I feel the real issue is that many of the users asking for specific instructions have not taken the time to investigate or play around with the options, user settings, or profile options before asking a very broad question for a very detailed and itemized process. I can understand a direct question like 'where is option X located?', 'how do I create a custom profile?, or 'what happens if I leave option Y selected?'...

...yet many of the questions are more along the lines of 'how do I get everything perfect with minimal effort and not knowing where any of the the options you're referencing are located...'

I've always been one of the first guys to reach out and help others understand as much about the game / processes as I possibly can (including responding to dozens of PM's), but please do everyone that genuinely wants to help a favor by researching / searching before asking a question that has probably been answered dozens of times before.

The OS Forum has a wealth of information available. Although it may be time consuming to research or search for an answer I'm positive it is already here.

Last edited by coreyhartsdaughter; 04-13-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fantastic work as always everyone. As one of the few O's fans, I only noticed one thing now (besides Markakis' R/L switch which was already noted). Chris Jakubauskas is on Free Agent list 3, but he started the year at AAA (he's actually on the ML roster now when Matusz went down.) I added him manually, but you might want to put him in whatever your next update is. Otherwise, I'm loving this and am ready to start my chise! Thanks again!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #245
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
Is there an opening day D.L. list that shows retroactive dates, 15-day/60-day, and expected return dates all in one place?
The first page of this thread is what I used, combined with the opening day lineup, rotation spreadsheet at mlbdepthcharts.com - worked perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #246
MVP

Side Effect's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing I always have trouble with is deciding who to remove from a roster when a team trades or signs for a new guy. For example, Yankees signed Carlos Silva. Who should I swap him out for? I remember last year, I would put the lowest rated guy on the free agent list and make a note of it so when a spot opens up, I put him back on the roster. Any other opinions on this matter?
Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #247
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekWWFan
Fantastic work as always everyone. As one of the few O's fans, I only noticed one thing now (besides Markakis' R/L switch which was already noted). Chris Jakubauskas is on Free Agent list 3, but he started the year at AAA (he's actually on the ML roster now when Matusz went down.) I added him manually, but you might want to put him in whatever your next update is. Otherwise, I'm loving this and am ready to start my chise! Thanks again!
Haha....I'm only laughing because I was looking for a player to put the last guy in(Drese maybe?)...and I hadn't seen his name on the AAA roster and figured he might be on the shelf.
Figures.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #248
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
When you enter Spring Training, the CPU will convert ALL players on your 40 man roster to the MLB level.
All 40-man players HAVE to be at the MLB level to be available for Spring Training.
Before you choose "Exit Spring Training/Enter regular season", you have to reassign which (15) players on the 40-man roster to send to AAA/AA, or else the CPU will do it for you.
Unfortunately, the CPU will not trim the team down to the 25-man roster that you had before entering Spring Training.
Instead it will use the game's logic to decide who to keep at the MLB level, as well as the rotation, pen, lineup, and bench.
That's just the way it is.

The easy way.. if you plan to skip Spring Training for year 1, just trim the 40-man down to 25 before entering Spring Training.
That way you go into it with 25/25 and not 25/40. Simulate through Spring Training. End Spring Training. Enter regular Season. NOW you go through and add those additional 15 players BACK to the 40-man roster.
Lineups, rotations, etc. should be just as they were on the original roster file (Assuming you had selected MANUAL for those decisions ahead of time).
Is this the best way to go?? Because I plan on skipping spring training and just jumping into my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »