Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #1097
Pro

ThirdDegree5803's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Knight, sorry if this has been asked before, but have you looked around the league at SCEA created prospects with limited experience and thought about doing minor changes to their stock ratings?

I know some like the ratings 'stock' and I am in favor of that is well...I play this game for franchise play and the realism this sports game excels at...I don't even get much out of exhibition play except for practice...

However, some SCEA guys stick out like a sore thumb w/ how poorly they are rated...Juan Francisco for example...I know I've only looked at the Reds 90-man but I can imagine there are other players on other teams...
it is really hard to cover every team and every prospect, especially those that were called up for a 'cup of coffee' in 2010 ala w/ limited mlb experience...SCEA has gotten better but there are always those that get lost in the woods...
Old 04-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #1098
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Cubs opening day lineups:

AAA
Campana CF
Perez RF
Montanez LF
LaHair 1B
Ramirez C
Scales 2B
Smith 3B
Wright DH
Camp SS
P Diamond
Closer Maine

AA
Jackson CF
Flaherty LF
Lamahieu 2B
Spencer RF
Vitters 3B
Clevenger C
Ridling 1B
Gonzalez SS
Rusin P
Old 04-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #1099
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
After watching the Red Sox so far this season, here is their Minor League roster

Rotation
LHP Jon Lester, RHP John Lackey, RHP Clay Buchholz, RHP Josh Beckett, RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka
Bullpen
RHP Jonathan Papelbon, RHP Daniel Bard, RHP Bobby Jenks, RHP Dan Wheeler, LHP Dennys Reyes, RHP Matt Albers, RHP Tim Wakefield
Outfielders
Mike Cameron, Carl Crawford, J.D. Drew, Jacoby Ellsbury, Darnell McDonald
Infielders
Jed Lowrie, Adrian Gonzalez, Dustin Pedroia, Marco Scutaro, Kevin Youkilis.
Catchers
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jason Varitek
DH
David Ortiz
I hate myself for laughing.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #1100
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
Knight, sorry if this has been asked before, but have you looked around the league at SCEA created prospects with limited experience and thought about doing minor changes to their stock ratings?

I know some like the ratings 'stock' and I am in favor of that is well...I play this game for franchise play and the realism this sports game excels at...I don't even get much out of exhibition play except for practice...

However, some SCEA guys stick out like a sore thumb w/ how poorly they are rated...Juan Francisco for example...I know I've only looked at the Reds 90-man but I can imagine there are other players on other teams...
it is really hard to cover every team and every prospect, especially those that were called up for a 'cup of coffee' in 2010 ala w/ limited mlb experience...SCEA has gotten better but there are always those that get lost in the woods...
I do think about it....and when I set my personal franchise up, yes I do alter ratings.
However....not everyone would agree with my assessment of players and changes. It gets sticky. As long as there is a stock version to say..."well use the stock version!"....I would do it....but I'm pretty sure someone will. I'm not opposed to editing SCEA players....I just like a plain jane version as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Cubs opening day lineups:

AAA
Campana CF
Perez RF
Montanez LF
LaHair 1B
Ramirez C
Scales 2B
Smith 3B
Wright DH
Camp SS
P Diamond
Closer Maine

AA
Jackson CF
Flaherty LF
Lamahieu 2B
Spencer RF
Vitters 3B
Clevenger C
Ridling 1B
Gonzalez SS
Rusin P
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
I hate myself for laughing.
CWood....I was going to ask "where you been?"....but judging from your avatar...you've been busy!(I'm guessing that's you and your clan!)

Moving along nicely....

N.L. Central and West left to do...then just going back and re-checking some of the A.L. teams I did earlier than the start of the MiLB season.
I'd say I have about 60-70 players created and 20 or so moves on top of that from the Spring Training set.
Moving players and setting (checking on each one actually) takes the most time.
Update you guys later tonight.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #1101
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Okay I read Knight's original post about manually injuring players but I can't figure it out. I have injuries set to manual and injury management set to auto. I go to the disable players screen with the ability to scroll through each team but cannot get to the screen with individual players.

I'm playing with the 30 team control. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #1102
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
Okay I read Knight's original post about manually injuring players but I can't figure it out. I have injuries set to manual and injury management set to auto. I go to the disable players screen with the ability to scroll through each team but cannot get to the screen with individual players.

I'm playing with the 30 team control. Any help would be appreciated.
The profile assigned to the CPU teams must have injuries set to MANUAL AND...it must also be set as the DEFAULT profile.
Don't forget...with 30 team control....you must also DL the players. The CPU will call them back up(I'm pretty sure...I've done so many scenarios now...I myself am getting confused!)

M.K.
Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #1103
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

With 30 team control, if I control one of the team and the other 29 are set to CPU, will the CPU put players on the trading block and rebuild or a contend based on where they are in the standings?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #1104
Rookie

OVR: 0

The amount of work you guys put into this file is staggering and I am sure everyone appreciates it!. I have been waiting for the final version of this file to be released before I start my franchise, but I have a concern. Will I be able to just plug in the final version without doing the whole 30 team control alteration? I ask because I notice a ton of "A" prospects and I have read about the lineup issue as well. Will the final version have these fixed or is this file just not for a single team controller like me? -Thanks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »