Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 AM   #977
Rookie

Meyeke's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

I've been playing since HardBall 95
It predates Triple Play 97
God I feel old.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #978
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
I've been playing since HardBall 95
It predates Triple Play 97
God I feel old.
LOL, then I am extremely old. MY first baseball game was on the Atari.
So does anyone know if the guys that do the pitch edits and rerates of the SCEA players are doing it this year? I saw a post that someone said they were not sure if they were doing them this year. Those guys always do such a amzing job on the rerates.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #979
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Do you guys want a list of players that are going to be overwritten to double check?...

Bryce Cox-Bos
T.J. Large-Bos
R. De los Santos-TB
Russ Canzler-TB
Ricky Orta-TB
Dirk Hayhurst-TB
Chris Bootcheck-TB
Jeff Sues-ChiA
Jared Price-ChiA
Jeff Bailey-Minn
Whitney Robbins-Minn
Nick Livingston-Minn

Matt Watson-Oak
Cedric Bowers-Oak
Derrick Gordon-Oak
Andy Jenkins-Tex

Let me know if any of those guys should remain or just be moved somewhere.

Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Knight- Jeff Bailey should stay. He will be in AAA with the Twins. 1B Whitney Robbins retired. I am not sure who Nick Livingston is. You may have typed the wrong team. The other two Twins that were released late last week were 1B Erik Lis and RP Chris Province.

In my roster, I created 3B/IF Chase Lambin over Whitney Robbins. I created 3B/1B Matt Brown over Erik Lis. Both will be in AAA for the Twins. I created RP Brett Jacobson over Chris Province. He will be in AA for the Twins.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #980
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuhlman1
Knight you are a god amongst mere mortals in the editing business my friend!! Just got a couple questions that haven't been answered yet. Was wondering if you were going to address those 2 reds players I suggested? If not no biggie but was just wondering. Also, are you replacing the guys that are like lifetime minor leaguers that are A potentials that shouldn't be. There was about 3 per team I'd say. Again, reason I ask is because I'm going to do it myself on my own if it doesn't get addressed. Thanks and keep up the awesome work man!!
Pretty sure this has been answered, but just in case let's do it again.

The 'A' potential lifetime minor leaguers are NOT an error. When creating a player this year, if you put in the name and audio of a player who has been in the game before, the editor will automatically give that player their correct face. Since the player is being created from scratch, they are given an 'A' potential. Because these guys are older, the 'A' potential won't impact their progression.

I could be wrong, but I think you may have brought up that this causes the CPU team to value the player too highly. I don't believe at this time that it's much of a concern for most people (at least I haven't read of any other complaints).
Old 04-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #981
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I am just releasing/creating players no longer with the organizations since they edited them.

Do you guys want a list of players that are going to be overwritten to double check?...

Bryce Cox-Bos
T.J. Large-Bos
R. De los Santos-TB
Russ Canzler-TB
Ricky Orta-TB
Dirk Hayhurst-TB
Chris Bootcheck-TB
Jeff Sues-ChiA
Jared Price-ChiA
Jeff Bailey-Minn
Whitney Robbins-Minn
Nick Livingston-Minn
Matt Watson-Oak
Cedric Bowers-Oak
Derrick Gordon-Oak
Andy Jenkins-Tex

Let me know if any of those guys should remain or just be moved somewhere.

Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Hey Knight, Orta can go (probably replace with Robinson Chirinos, AAA catcher (secondary should be IF), but the others are all in AAA and probably should stick.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #982
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Knight I had asked to Bartolo Colon to be exported from the 4/4/11 update, but I don't think that is a good idea.

Disadvantage:

They didn't use his hidden face! It looks NOTHING like Colon, AND they still didn't include his name in the audio (Bart instead of Bartolo).

Advantage:

His MLB service is accurate 10+ years.
His face is editable, but someone would have to be able to make him look exactly like Colon for it to be worth it.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #983
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
Yes. The CPU will fill the 40 man per whatever algorithm it uses, and also arrange the CPU batting orders as it sees fit.

This is all on page 1 in Knight's conveniently written first post.
Will messed up CPU batting orders have a stat affect on simulated games?

I love the rosters but don't want the hassle of managing CPU line-ups/rotations and don't care if I have 100% accurate 40 man rosters. But I do care that the team I'm playing have a realistic batting order. So, I use the 2nd controller before starting each game and edit the cpu's line-up myself.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #984
Rookie

OVR: 0

Knight- I've seen this discussed, but have not seen a direct answer so I thought I would follow up. Are you exporting players from the 4/4 update to your opening day set? For example, Brandon Belt, Bartolo Colon, and Nikiosha (Min). Or are you going to keep the players that were created, in the opening day set? 'appreciate all your work and everyone else who had a hand in these rosters.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »