Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #865
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

The Giants Double-A affliate Richmond and Single-A affliate San Jose have announced their rosters. The bold players are currently not in OSFM Spring Training V4 and would be good candidates for player packs. I'll list Triple-A as soon as it's announced. There may be players cut from the organization that are in the current set. Knight, I'll be making many of these players for my own set. If you would like me to save you some time, I can send them over to you for player packs or last minute substitutes. Just send me a PM and let me know. Last note, Ehire Adrianza is unconfirmed as being on the roster. EDIT:Confirmed Adrianza will be in Double-A

Richmond Fly Squirrels
SP Clayton Tanner
SP Eric Surkamp
SP Ryan Verdugo
SP Daryl Maday
SP Jorge Bucardo DL Undisclosed Injury
SP Thomas Vessella

LRP Osiris Matos
MRP Justin Dowdy
MRP Justin Fitzgerald
MRP Ronnie Ray
SU David Quinowski
SU Edwin Quirarte

CL Jason Stoffel
CL Dan Otero

C Johnny Monell
C Aaron Lowenstein

1B Joe Koshansky
2B Charlie Culberson
3B/DH Jose Flores
SS Ehire Adrianza DL Broken finger
2B Nick Noonan DL Out until early May with Strained Oblique
SS Sharlon Schoop
3B Joel Weeks

LF Juan Perez (Expected to start in CF for Peguero)
CF Francisco Peguero DL Undisclosed Injury
RF Roger Kieschnick
LF Mike McBryde
OF Justin Christian

San Jose Giants
SP Zack Wheeler
SP Michael Main
SP Craig Westcott
SP Chris Heston
SP Kelvin Marte

MRP Chris Wilson
MRP Mitch Lively
MRP Chris Gloor
MRP Hector Correa
MRP Richard 'Heath' Hembree
MRP Jose Valdez
MRP Mike Kickham DL Fingernail Out until early May
SU Jake Dunning

CL Jose Casilla

C Thomas Joseph
C Hector Sanchez

1B Luke Anders
2B Ryan Cavan
3B Chris Dominguez
SS Carter Jurica
2B/DH/LF Nick Liles
SS Juan Ciraco

LF Wendell Fairley
CF Gary Brown
RF Jarrett Parker
OF Ryan Lollis

Other players Included in OSFM Spring Training V4 likely to start the season in other Single-A Affliates or RK leagues.

SP Kendry Flores
RP Seth Rosin
C Daniel Burkhart
1B Andy D'Alessio
LF Charles Jones
RF Rafael Rodfriguez

Last edited by juicer420; 04-03-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: made edits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #866
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Getting the roster correctly without lineups being scrambled after ST is one of the most aggravating things I've ever done. Why can't a mode be made where you don't have to go thru the spring training crap and go straight to regular season with a downloaded roster without having to deal with all this mess? Jeez

Last edited by blueduke; 04-03-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #867
Pro

OVR: 12

You know, an easier work around for your roster's to remain intake is to just set them and save them before you start. Then run a test sim, go to transactions and see what incorrect moves were made and write them down. Then start over with your saved roster and just drop those players from the 40 man. Plus you have the list written down and can quickly go back through and add them to the 40 man. Without dealing with nearly 500 players to put back on the 40 man throughout the league, you have about 50.

I only did it for 1 team control and I only had to remove 3 players from the 40 man roster. I'm not going to trouble myself with the rest! But it should work the same for 30 team control.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #868
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10693
I thought when you downloaded HustlinOwl's rosters the CPU wasn't supposed to mess around with their lineups?? For example I started a Red Sox franchise and the Yankees had Jeter hitting 7th and the Twins had Morneau hitting 2nd. What am I missing?
You still need to set batting orders, 25 man, 40 man to opening day.

The CPU will always move players around based on giving guys (stamina) days off and injuries. The best work around I found in years past, was to set notifications to manual (never Auto-fix) and every other day just skim the CPU lineups for awkward CPU induced changes and fix.

I always felt spending an extra minute or so before each of my games was moot relative to my desire of realism.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #869
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
This interests me too.
I want the CPU to make reasonable trades without going overboard.
It starts looking like the fantasy draft after the first year.
You can veto unrealistic trades.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #870
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Pretty sure u can still edit players on other teams without control. Just use the trigger to scroll through to each team at Manage Roster.

Thank you, I will try that.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #871
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyhartsdaughter
You can veto unrealistic trades.
Did I just see a ghost, or is this really Coreyhartsdaughter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #872
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2441
I narrowed down the 40 man roster for all teams to 25. I did this so that when I set lineups and rotations they won't shuffle after ending spring training in franchise mode.

I'm wondering if there is a way to let the CPU optimize the minor league rosters, for I don't really care if the minor league rosters are identical to real life. I'm using 30 team control and the only mode options I have set to manual are lineups/rotations, 40 man, and injury management. By having roster moves set to auto, I thought maybe the CPU would reshuffle the AAA and AA rosters after spring training but this isn't the case. In another test I tried setting lineups/rotations and 40 man to auto and the CPU still didn't promote/demote anybody in the minor leagues. Is this because the CPU only makes promotions and demotions when an injury occurs?
With 40 set to manual, you can 'auto-fix' minor league injuries / player shortages for CPU teams, and manually perform call-ups for MLB teams. The caveat is that yes, you'll loose the CPU calling players up based on performance. This also becomes a rather involved process for September call-ups.

With injury notifications on, you get the chance to scroll a CPU's roster across all levels and see who would be a good call-up. Beyond that, the CPU is typically pretty good on managing the minor league rosters (and moving players between them, as well as setting those lineups).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »