Home

MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:52 AM   #241
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Some of the stuff on the Padres surprised me. I must've missed a lot while I was gone but they sure have a lot of former major leaguers that appear to have popped out of nowhere (like Mike Koplove). I'm surprised that they all have an A potential (especially Aaron Poreda, who honestly looks more and more like middle reliever who can't locate his pitches). Maybe I'm just harsh when it comes to most Padres minor leaguers the closer they are to the MLB level.

My main disappointment probably lies in the fact that Lollis was given a C in potential (it's just my opinion, but he and Sampson probably have the highest potential of the low level pitchers), but you know what, two fellow fans put their time when I couldn't do so and it's a lot of work to even get these players in. For the most part the rosters looked good, but I really wonder how you all managed to make the former major leaguers names uneditable. Thanks for the hard work everyone. I finally get to start my RTTS.
Did you check to see if the A potential players who are former MLBers have SCEA face scans? It could be that the guys who put it together used the player vault trick with a CAP (thus the A potential) so they could get the accurate face.

If they are older, the potential score won't matter much anyway, as they won't get a bump regardless of their rating....which might be why they potentially sacrificed accuracy of the potential grade to get the best face possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 AM   #242
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2011 (Spring Training Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
Also just noticed that SS Luis Rodriguez has an A potential.
He is a D. Just another expendable utility infielder with a little bit of MLB experience.
Same story with 2B Sean Kazmar.
I'm not arguing my opinion on prospects here, these are just widely agreed upon D grade players that just slipped through the cracks into top-prospect land.
I believe both Kazmar and Rodriguez were previously in the game, therefore the game "remembered" them when Knight added them to the Mariners' roster. It would seem that the game has a "cache" of players, because if you look closely, they have their real faces, or close to it. SCEA did take some guys out of the game, such as Jordan Schafer for the Braves, but when you go to create them, the game recognizes them. Hope that makes sense.

I wouldn't worry much about the potentials, as Rodriguez is 30 and Kazmar is 26, and both are rated fairly low. I know it's weird seeing them with A potentials but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 AM   #243
Rookie

Meyeke's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
This was my fault. I had edited a few SCEA players for my set, which I hadn't planned on initially giving to this project, but to be honest I just forgot about them.

No ratings edits, though. A few stance and a few equipment edits, and that's it. It shouldn't take long to get it back to how it was.
I figured that's what happened.
Wouldn't be surprised if a few other teams got an SCEA makeover as well.
Personally I'm going over all 30 teams and tweaking everything anyways.
And most of those Mariners edits I plan on keeping so it just means less work for me.

Anyway, I am tired and falling into a stupor.
Will get after it some more in the coming days.
I want to help more with next years Mariners sets.
My participation in it this year was akin to an aloof supervisor who just shows up randomly throughout the week handing out extra assignments and pointing out flaws in things. So yeah, I want to get my hands dirty next year and actually help create, not just dictate.
Thanks for putting in serious time, Apostle.
Hope I never came across as overly critical in the OSFM Mariners thread.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:57 AM   #244
Banned

The rosters look absolutely beautiful, and I offer my sincere thanks to each and every person who worked on them. I want to thank everyone who participated in my Mariners' thread because it was a great help. For each and every person who did the roster editing and even those who didn't but still offered opinions, it all worked together for the greater good - getting us all the best roster set ever made in a baseball game.

I had a blast working on the rosters and learned a lot. I'll be one of the first in line next year to help again.

What an awesome community effort!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 AM   #245
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyeke
I figured that's what happened.
Wouldn't be surprised if a few other teams got an SCEA makeover as well.
Personally I'm going over all 30 teams and tweaking everything anyways.
And most of those Mariners edits I plan on keeping so it just means less work for me.

Anyway, I am tired and falling into a stupor.
Will get after it some more in the coming days.
I want to help more with next years Mariners sets.
My participation in it this year was akin to an aloof supervisor who just shows up randomly throughout the week handing out extra assignments and pointing out flaws in things. So yeah, I want to get my hands dirty next year and actually help create, not just dictate.
Thanks for putting in serious time, Apostle.
Hope I never came across as overly critical in the OSFM Mariners thread.
Your help was greatly appreciated, man.

Let me know what edits you deem necessary, as I might want to make them as well. You seem very knowledgeable about our M's.

One change I will make is getting Vicente Campos back on the roster... The more I hear about this 18-year-old flame thrower, the more I like about him, and dare I say the Felix/Pineda comparisons might not be far off... Bold statement, but I think he needs to be on the set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 04:10 AM   #246
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Did you check to see if the A potential players who are former MLBers have SCEA face scans? It could be that the guys who put it together used the player vault trick with a CAP (thus the A potential) so they could get the accurate face.

If they are older, the potential score won't matter much anyway, as they won't get a bump regardless of their rating....which might be why they potentially sacrificed accuracy of the potential grade to get the best face possible.
Yeah, that is true (i.e. the Mark Loretta/Matt Stairs rule, where even when they had an A-potential because of their age it didn't matter as they still regressed). If that's the case with the former major leaguers, I think that's pretty cool that the game recognizes the players. I didn't get to see or read the stuff while the rosters were being created two weeks after the game came out so I wasn't familiar with what the roster editors were doing.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 AM   #247
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Little to say other than a massive thankyou to Knight, Ridin and EVERYONE else involved in putting these together.

It truly takes the game to a whole new level.

p.s. Karle, you did a fantastic job with our Tigers farm
Old 03-31-2011, 04:49 AM   #248
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Thank you guys for doing this so QUICK!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »