Home

OS Staff Roundtable - MLB '11: The Show Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Staff Roundtable - MLB '11: The Show Demo Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: OS Staff Roundtable - MLB '11: The Show Demo Impressions

I do like the fact that in real time presentation the hr trot is no longer scripted with holding the helmet issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #106
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
The game is still very good but the fielding is still a sore spot at least with me.

The canned animations are to heavy involed in this game. I hate animations taking over way to early which takes my enjoyment from the experience.

Once again I saw a ball hit to the gap where my fielder was going after it by me controlling him and then all of a sudden going into this quick sand animation where I lose control and he goes into slow motion brace against the way and then does a the hop step before throwing back in. This leads to baserunners getting more then the base they should.

Frustrating as hell. Still has not been fixed and I do not think giving us analog fielding is a way to cover up the bad fielding gameplay.

That is my only gripe with the game and I feel is a big enough gripe because is a very key element in baseball.

Also real time presentation from what I see is not been touched at all.

I like to use it because I hate scripted cuts and I am loving the batter walking up to the plate in real time only to get a cutscene right after that of him walking to the plate.

Huh? How is that real time

1) The "canned animations" have been cut-back DRAMATICALLY from '10 - that's not a problem, because they were an eyesore last year - they're much better this year, don't worry.

2) "Analog" fielding is not (as you say) "covering up" for other gameplay defects - it's "adding" another option for gamers - fielding has been GREATLY improved and I'll think you'll see differently when you play the finished version.

3) I, alike you, play in "real-time" - I don't like seeing the repetitive cut-scenes, so that's why we play in RT. *There is an option to TURN OFF batter walkups, so there you go.
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
1) The "canned animations" have been cut-back DRAMATICALLY from '10 - that's not a problem, because they were an eyesore last year - they're much better this year, don't worry.

2) "Analog" fielding is not (as you say) "covering up" for other gameplay defects - it's "adding" another option for gamers - fielding has been GREATLY improved and I'll think you'll see differently when you play the finished version.

3) I, alike you, play in "real-time" - I don't like seeing the repetitive cut-scenes, so that's why we play in RT. *There is an option to TURN OFF batter walkups, so there you go.
1. The fielding might be improved but the canned animations happen way to much for my liking, others might enjoy it but I do not like to lose control of what I am doing. I still see it in the demo, not all the time but enough to upset me

2. That is great if YOU feel that way but I feel that the fielding is still not where it is suppose to be for the years this game has been released. That is just my opinion.

3. What is the point of turning off batter walk up if it will then not be real time. You cannot say turn this on or off to put a band aid on the matter

I want the batter walk up from the real time perspective and not from a cuts scene when playing on real time. That is all I am saying
Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #108
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
1. The fielding might be improved but the canned animations happen way to much for my liking, others might enjoy it but I do not like to lose control of what I am doing. I still see it in the demo, not all the time but enough to upset me

2. That is great if YOU feel that way but I feel that the fielding is still not where it is suppose to be for the years this game has been released. That is just my opinion.

3. What is the point of turning off batter walk up if it will then not be real time. You cannot say turn this on or off to put a band aid on the matter

I want the batter walk up from the real time perspective and not from a cuts scene when playing on real time. That is all I am saying

• The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #109
Rookie

Golds's Arena

OVR: 3
I don't see how anyone can review anything more than the analog controls in this demo. To review gameplay, animations, commentary, and the graphics on a build of the game dated from december is a waste of time. The NBA 2k demo doesn't even have commentary, but you didn''t hear people freaking out that commentary wasn't in the game. I would put money on it that when the retail copy of this game comes out, you will hear fresh commentary lines, see a ton of new animations, and crisper graphics. Russell making sure to state that the demo was ONLY for the introduction of analog controls says that the demo does not represent what we will have in our hands March 8th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »