Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #249
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If you're a developer you should be purple. Who do you work for?

In sports gaming this is no longer the case. Your 20 years has no bearance on the past 4 here at OS, where what I'm saying applies.
If you want to know the answer to that question, you can PM me.

I have been around here at OS for a few, so regardless of my work experience, I still stand by my statement.

So, just so I have it straight, it's most game developers. Wait, most sports game developers. No, most sport game developers that post at OS. Wait, it's EA... :-)

Anyway, I get your point. That SCEA is not the only team that interacts with their fans, but I don't think anyone ever contended otherwise.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #250
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
As for the bolded part, I always get a kick when a cover-athlete does their own stance and later on it's called way off. In three years, I bet someone will say Joe Mauer's stance is off.
Mauer's stance is pretty accurate. I am no game developer but I am guessing the translation from mo-cap to in game cant be made 100% accurate and I am ok with that. What is irritating is that it looks like the same 2 "models" are used for swings. You have the one handed and 2 handed follow throughs and a good many of the stances morph to generic 1 when the pitch comes in making for some really un-natural looks. Im gonna hold off judgement until I see more of the new player models swings, but if it is still the same as last year its definitely something that needs to be worked on for next year.

It would be interesting to have some insight on the stances because some of the stances dont morph while a lot of others do. I would love to know from a programming standpoint what makes some swings look more natural than others. I am in the boat of the stance doesnt have to be exact to real life, but it should "look" like real life.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 2
does any1 know if heyward and buster posey have their own batting stance this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #252
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets94
does any1 know if heyward and buster posey have their own batting stance this year
I believe that they both have their own stances now...
Old 01-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #253
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I know the OP said Miller Park has changed since this footage, which makes me happy.

What I'm really hoping is that the new scoreboard is in. It's almost fully installed in the park. This is what it looks like right now:
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #254
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Mauer's stance is pretty accurate. I am no game developer but I am guessing the translation from mo-cap to in game cant be made 100% accurate and I am ok with that. What is irritating is that it looks like the same 2 "models" are used for swings. You have the one handed and 2 handed follow throughs and a good many of the stances morph to generic 1 when the pitch comes in making for some really un-natural looks. Im gonna hold off judgement until I see more of the new player models swings, but if it is still the same as last year its definitely something that needs to be worked on for next year.

It would be interesting to have some insight on the stances because some of the stances dont morph while a lot of others do. I would love to know from a programming standpoint what makes some swings look more natural than others. I am in the boat of the stance doesnt have to be exact to real life, but it should "look" like real life.
I've always noticed that you've said about the 2 type of styles and the "morphing", couldn't explain it though. I'm hoping that they don't all look like that this year. Maybe next year they can take out the animation where anyone with a 1-handed follow through "rolls" over on only their heels almost all the time when they dont' hit a homerun. Hopefully you can understand what I'm talking about, I didn't describe it the best
Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #255
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets94
Don't know about Heyward, but I believe Buster had his own stance last year.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #256
Rookie

mrhenry209's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Don't know about Heyward, but I believe Buster had his own stance last year.
I know Posey does, from the videos from CES it is not good. I have read Heyward does too, but I am not positive.
NFL: Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »