Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #329
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Biggest Hope for 11!!

Anybody else have some box scores to show at least 20 games? Regardless of what level you play on if anyone has box scores I would like to know the final hit differential. Thanks to all in advance.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #330
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Are you referring to hit differential as compared to MLB? Or are you talking about hit variety as in types of hits or where they fall? Or number of hits compared to runs scored?

Sorry, just trying to check out your question. I think in my games off the top of my head I tend to get a high hit total when compared to the number of runs I score, but some of that can be attributed to my poor baserunning!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #331
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

Not too much wrong with MLB 10 that i would want to upgrade in 2011. How bout the ability to create your own ballpark and make it uniquer than all the other parks in the league and have the announcers be able to talk about it. Doubt that'll ever happen but it's just a wish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #332
Banned

OVR: 0

my hope was for co-op in franchise... but of course that wont isnt happening. Who wants to play co-op in just a exhibition game? not me
Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #333
Rookie

OVR: 2

I Hope they fix the Potential Ratings for a lot of Super Stars. Miguel Cabrera with C Potential?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #334
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Anybody else have some box scores to show at least 20 games? Regardless of what level you play on if anyone has box scores I would like to know the final hit differential. Thanks to all in advance.
I don't have the boxscores right now, but I did look into this myself after another poster mentioned that other than when a shutout of a team happened, something like 95% of his games (over nearly 3 complete seasons) had a "comeback" inning (an inning where if Team A scored, Team B immediately followed with a run).

This sort of relates to your question, as you are saying that your games are always close (therefore implying, that CPU offense is tied to your offense). At least hit-wise.

First let me say: This is false. Brian_SCEA explained so. The CPU is unaware of how many runs you've scored; as it relates to THEIR offense (NOT a quote, btw. This is how I've interpreted him).

Anyway, I decided to look in my franchise to see if his (the OS user) very extensive run tracking carried any weight.

After looking at something like 21 of my own boxscores, only 7 or so (DEFINITELY less than 1/3 of my games) even had a single comeback inning. I saw boxscore after boxscore of me/CPU scoring with a 0 following it....over and over and over....I'm NOT saying his experience is false. Not in the least. I'm just saying if the game were programmed this way, surely I'd have to see it too. Correct?

My best guess as to why some people see stuff like this is simple:

Let's say your offense averages 4.5 runs a game and your pitching allows on average 4.1 runs a game. This is less than a half of a run differential. The same goes with hit totals. You average 9.1, and allow 8.9. The differential here is even smaller. Practically non-existant.

In order to experience a run/hit blow out, you'd significantly need to over perform. Let's say 13 runs on 14 hits. Players that like to challenge themselves (by playing on a difficutly level that is challenging) will not frequently have boxscores like this. More than likely, a good offensive day, on average, with an average team, will look more like 8 runs on 12 hits.

Now, in order see a large run/hit gap, your pitching would ALSO need to over perform. Because if you allow your average run and hit total (4.1 runs and 8.9 hits), the margin between your 8 runs and 12 hits is still less than the 4 runs base you described above. How is this comeback code? This is averages. Drop a difficutly level for hitting OR pitching, and you'll see more diverse box scores because your average game performance will change. 4.5 something will become 5.0 something etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, I'll leave this subject alone. I just read a lot about this on here. I think it's just a matter of looking at things differently, rather than making the game itself the culprit (which is easier. I do it too! LOL).

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 01-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #335
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm talking hits guys total hits not saying there is a comeback code because there is not. What I am saying is that I dont feel there are enough games where the hit category in the final box score is separated by more than 3 hits. Its way too often the same or within one or two hits regardless of what difficulty you play on. Do you see this for example. Human 14 hits CPU 7 hits final hit total. YES you do so no I'm not talking about some code, but I am serious when I say 90 percent of my final hit totals for the CPU and HUM are within 3 hits. Check your box scores fellas you will see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #336
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
I'm talking hits guys total hits not saying there is a comeback code because there is not. What I am saying is that I dont feel there are enough games where the hit category in the final box score is separated by more than 3 hits. Its way too often the same or within one or two hits regardless of what difficulty you play on. Do you see this for example. Human 14 hits CPU 7 hits final hit total. YES you do so no I'm not talking about some code, but I am serious when I say 90 percent of my final hit totals for the CPU and HUM are within 3 hits. Check your box scores fellas you will see.

I did...and I still saw nearly 50-50. Definitely not anywhere near 90 percent.
I use pretty much default sliders, with SP stamina a little up...RP stamina a little down and manager hook down 1.
That's about it.
Most of my games are manage only mode...but straight from Brian...everything you see in CPU vs. CPU games(which is what MoM basically is)....is what you can see in Human vs. CPU games.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »