Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #313
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Can the speed burst be used by alternating between two button presses, a la Nintendo track and field?
Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #314
Banned

OVR: 2

I think the idea and it being called "speed burst" gives it an unrealistic perception but a hustle down the line to first is definitely part of the game that isnt represented...the option to hustle..and getting those few extra infield hits would be a good idea...the option to just half *** it down the line would be the alternative or regular effort...
Old 01-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #315
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I would like SCEA to add a "catch' button

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjohns61585
Instead of just running under a fly ball, or getting in front of a ground ball. I think it would make the game a little bit harder and on top of that, have TRUE errors....Just a thought...
I like this idea. I view it as being like a press of the R1 or L1 button to mimmick the closing/squeezing of the glove. Thats as far as my thought process has gone thus far, but its a start.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #316
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX007
I think the idea and it being called "speed burst" gives it an unrealistic perception but a hustle down the line to first is definitely part of the game that isnt represented...the option to hustle..and getting those few extra infield hits would be a good idea...the option to just half *** it down the line would be the alternative or regular effort...
Ok, fair enough, but what are the consequences? I mean why not hustle down the line with every player every time then? Do you risk burning out players or getting injury if you hustle? I agree with you about hustle, but I would much rather see a hustle attribute instead of a button mashing system. Last year, Adam Rosales' home run trot was faster than several players' inside the park home run.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #317
Banned

OVR: 2

and on the flip side being a jays fan..I saw Edwin encarnacion lolligag and watch a guy bobble the ball and still get thrown out..that happens more than a guy running around the bases..Im not even suggesting it be used past first base maybe a option would appear on those instances that it applies and you have to press the button as many times as possible to beat the throw or hustle down there...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #318
Pro

OVR: 4
Another NCAA feature that should be used

I am completely stoked that the Show is adopting the analog controls, seemingly similar to what was in place in NCAA series. NCAA 2006 was one of my favourite games of all time on the original Xbox/PS, but I didn't play the 2007 version. I can only assume the two games were the same.

Anyway, another great feature of the NCAA game was the Quick Sim/Intervene option. When on the schedule screen, you had the option of simming a game and it would bring up a boxscore that would show you the game simming out half-inning by half-inning and at any time you could hit the "Intervene" button and jump into the game at that point. This was a phenomenal feature as it allows you to quickly sim through games that end up being blowouts, but jump into the closer games and play them out if you choose.

In the Show, you can enter a game and then sim to a certain inning, but there's no way to do it the same way as you could in NCAA. When I don't have a lot of time to play I like to try to play just the last couple innings of a close game, but in the Show you have to go into the game (and wait for a loading screen), then sim to whatever point and hope the game is not a blowout so you can keep playing. If you don't wish to play that game you must again exit to the main screen after the game is over (through another loading screen).

I played through over 30 seasons of NCAA 2006 and that was a big reason why, as I didn't waste times playing the ends of games that were blowouts. If I was simming a game and saw it was 7-0 through 5 or 6 innings I would let it sim to the end. If it was closer, I would 'Intervene'.

So basically, I'm wondering if it would be possible to have a similar ability to - from the schedule screen - pop something up that sims through games inning by inning and lets you jump in if you so choose.

Also in the Show you are currently able to just quickly sim through a game from the schedule screen, but you don't get to set your lineup for that game, the computer would set it for you. For those who like to micromanage daily lineups but still want to quick sim, it woudl be nice if there was an option to be able to set your lineup and THEN quick sim the game.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:05 AM   #319
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I like this idea. I view it as being like a press of the R1 or L1 button to mimmick the closing/squeezing of the glove. Thats as far as my thought process has gone thus far, but its a start.
That would turn double plays in a fatality button combo
Old 01-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #320
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Creating legendary players is time consuming and it doesn't look like SCEA will offer roster transfer anytime soon.

Would something like "A Split screen" on one side (the left side) your choice of any roster ( each player one player at a time ) from any year game ( to be used as a guide ).........
on the other side (the right side) the roster ( each individual player ) from the new game. This would speed up the process. Right now I copy all players onto a DVD and operate 2 separate screens plus a PS3 and DVD machine.

You would just scroll both screens and manually copy from left screen to right one player at a time.

Or if possible push one button and the created face and stats from the left screen will automatically transfer.

just say-in,
scooter...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 01-06-2011 at 11:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »