Home

OS Roundtable: What Do You Think of The Show's Move to Analog Controls?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Do You Think of The Show's Move to Analog Controls? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: What Do You Think of The Show's Move to Analog Controls?

I liked the analog pitching in 2k10. You had to do different motions with the right stick for each pitch. Made it feel more like you're actually pitching as opposed to click pitch button, location, tap x and hit the sweet spot.

I hated analog hitting though, I switched back to buttons on 2k10 and hitting was so much easier and that was my first baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #42
Rookie

stcloudgopher's Arena

Analog, old-school... It doesn't really matter. As has been mentioned ad nauseum, it will be nice to have the option to revert. But the way this has been talked about makes me question my (usual) decision to pre-order. Is this going to be it?

As mentioned in the Roundtable, this game, while great, has grown stale. It is starting to get a little bit of a Madden rep. There are a few things that I would consider more pressing than analog controls. How about fixing the sliders? Maybe tweaking the RTS mode to factor in performance more than goals when it comes to promotion? Balancing some of the stat issues when it comes to simming? Adding a more realistic free agent system? (Seriously, watching MVP-caliber talent retire in their later 20s because of a "poor free agent market" is absurd.) Creating some decent talent in later years?

Sorry for the rant, but it is worrisome that a franchise that has done so much right (and the analog switch will probably fall into that category) continues to ignore more pertinent problems.

EDIT
SCEA, I apologize. I had not yet read anything detailed about RTS. I am very interested in the "Good at-bat" system. Again, why I question you, I don't know. It's not like you're EA -- you seem to listen.

Last edited by stcloudgopher; 12-31-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #43
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Analog sticks can make the game play more like true baseball, IMO. If done right (like it was in MVP 06/07), that means you will go through slumps and hot streaks more often than with just pressing buttons. It will frustrate some, but that's baseball. Pitching, I think MLB2K had done a good job. The Rock and Fire mechanic in MVP07 had potential, but was not up to par with their analog hitting.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Hock
I believe the Check swing will happen if you let go of the stick before your swing is finished.
yea i know wut ur sayin but idk i just have a much easier time checking with the x button
Old 01-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #45
Rookie

if it wasnt for that i would def like the stick better because it is more realistic in that u need to time ur step and swing instead of just the swing. i played baseball until my sophomore yr in college and the timing of the step is just as important as the swing...if ur timing is even a little off u r way off balance so hopefully the swingsick in the show 11 is better than the one in the 2k series because i rly do like the idea...but if i have a hard time checking swings than i gotta stick with the classic controls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 04:19 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 1
It's about time. Only 3-4 years late. But please have the option to use either/or or both. Based on the other game's setup, I prefer to pitch with buttons and swing with sticks.

Last edited by peigone; 01-03-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #47
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
It's about time. Only 3-4 years late. But please have the option to use either/or or both. Based on the other game's setup, I prefer to pitch with buttons and swing with sticks.
It has been stated that you can mix and match so no worries there!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It has been stated that you can mix and match so no worries there!
Excellent, thanks for the info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »