Home

OS Roundtable: What Do You Think of The Show's Move to Analog Controls?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Do You Think of The Show's Move to Analog Controls? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: OS Roundtable: What Do You Think of The Show's Move to Analog Controls?

Hmm it seems like a good idea, but can't really argue with more options to use especially if you can still use the old way.

Idk if I should ask this here, but where exactly can I find what these changes do because all I've heard is changing to analog. Does this mean to bat and stuff like that you just move up/down on the analog similar to the shot stick in NBA 2k
Old 12-30-2010, 10:54 PM   #10
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
The thing I love about these devs is that they don't rip out old features. So, giant thumbs up from me!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14
Looking forward to the new controls and weather (they did mention weather in their poem right?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #12
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: OS Roundtable: What Do You Think of The Show's Move to Analog Controls?

Great addition, optional, and confidence in these devs that it will not feel like a gimmick and will just plain work.

They also do not force you to uses it online or off. So the more options the merrier.

There can be no argument as to how this is a bad thing. None.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29
I dont understand why so many people are affraid of change. Different doesnt always mean worse. Given the lack of excitement in MLB10 this seems like the right choice even if I wasnt a fan of analog.

"If its not broke dont fix it" while that makes sense in some cases, but if the world went by that statement, wouldnt we be playing Atari's still? in the NHL series things were similar half the people were excited the other half were on the fence but it turned out well for that series and I expect the same results with this one.

Just my opinion
Old 12-31-2010, 12:11 AM   #14
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Totally agree q/ Enigma, no argument can be made. I find it hilarous how options and customization are brought up so much on games they dont enjoy, but they are not needed when they already enjoy something lol. Same goes for their competition comments...i'll leave it alone though.

I feel this will be a good new way to experience the game. It will bring in new players. They just need to be in the game now, point blank, regardless if you use them. Hopefully there are many additions ON THE FIELD also...with older EA games, you would get a new control option but the gameplay depth would not be deep enough....so once you got used to the controls, it became the same old game again..and the Show has been getting stale for me.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 32
I love having options. Analog controls are a great option... as long as many said here, as long as I have an option to go back to the old controls... we all win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 AM   #16
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
its worth a look,as long as I can go back to the buttons....fielding yes no doubt(analog) maybe pitching?..great read..and opinions....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »