Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #273
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
This is a good question...

With the introduction of zone hitting, I'm not sure if any option will allow you to make contact when the PCI is off of the ball, as in this year's editon.

Can anyone clairfy?

Also, can the "true zone hitting" be implemented with the new analog hitting? Ramone mentioned it being used with button only, so I'm not sure if this excludes analog.
The old hitting will still be in the game... they never remove control features, just add to them. (which was zone hitting basically with timing base)

Cursor hitting which you are confusing with terminology is for button pressing only...

That is not to say Analog wont have elements of zone, like the old way, where you still need to use left stick for better contact with the PCI, and have timing and smooth load and swing transition.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #274
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Being new to The Show, I'm wondering if they release a demo each year?

And if the boxey running (as someone here referred to it) is gone and more cam angles or some customizing is available, it may be the first game I buy on release day in quite some time!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #275
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Being new to The Show, I'm wondering if they release a demo each year?

And if the boxey running (as someone here referred to it) is gone and more cam angles or some customizing is available, it may be the first game I buy on release day in quite some time!
Yeah they do. And it should be the Giants Vs Texas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #276
Go Braves!!

AtlantaBraves22's Arena

OVR: 17

The biggest question I have for this year is, will we have the ability to change views online? I hate pitching with the view being behind the catcher, it's backwards. So are we going to be able to change the view to behind the pitcher, or outfield view? That would be awesome!

PSN: AlabamaRollTide8 (Add me if your a braves fan, or Alabama Fan!)
Old 12-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #277
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Well, having been to two Pirates games, I can't agree with that. With the way the lighting is inside the stadium the city backdrop is very visible. Im wondering if they could cheat a little bit..It is a videogame afterall
Oh the backdrop will definitely be visible, but what I meant was there is so much light trapped inside of the stadium that it seems to suck a lot of light from outside of the stadium. It's the same reason you can't see things like stars, and it's why the sky appears "pitch black" even though we all know it's really not.

Do an at-home example right now: go to a room with a window where you can turn off the light and at least be able to see something outside, maybe your car and mailbox, the street etc. even in the dark. Now turn the light on, and try the same thing. You might be able to see it a little bit or you might not be able to see it at all, but the point is the ambient light entrapment creates the illusion that everything outside of the lit area is much darker happens to be in effect here as well.

I can't really show any stadium examples with all of the lights turned off, but chances are the things that you see the most with downtown PNC Park are due to some lights being on in the distance.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #278
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
With true zone, in order to make contact the ball will need to be within the PCI. Currently you can have your PCI in one location, the ball in another outside the PCI and contact still being made. Basically you need to be right on with your left stick aiming to hit successfully.
This sounds so tasty, reminds me of the old ASB days.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #279
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
my thoughts exactly. Time to pop ASB '05 into the system and work out the kinks.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #280
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
Perhaps, but that's why I inquired whether the cursor is a snap-back kind of cursor or if it's a free-roaming kind.

Basically, the difference is if you move your cursor to the left and then let go, the snap-back kind will do just that, it will snap back to the center of the strike zone. The free-roam cursor will not do that, it will stay right where you last left it.

I personally prefer the free-roaming kind. It was employed in the ASB games and WSB 2K3, and like I said Power Pros had the option for either (and this is where I figured out the snap-back kind was difficult to handle because of the pressure sensitivity). But for true zone hitting, the kind that High Heat used to have which doesn't involve a physical cursor, is my favorite kind of hitting system. It's similar, but again it doesn't have that pressure sensitivity issue.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »