Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #257
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
Notice that every year scea admits that there were problems in the online play the previous year but that they are working hard to get it fixed for the current year....
Ok. And?

This was going somewhere, and you did not finish.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #258
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No if your PCI is not over the ball you will not make contact. It's been changed to work the way everyone wanted it to last year so now its true PCI zone hitting.
So in that case, it's not so much a free-roaming cursor as it is a snap-back/re-centering radial kind of cursor, correct? Like I remember when 2K3 had the kind that would not re-center and it just moved as you would move it, and Power Pros had an option for either kind.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #259
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No if your PCI is not over the ball you will not make contact. It's been changed to work the way everyone wanted it to last year so now its true PCI zone hitting.
Thank you.

Ugh...I'm gonna need some practice!

It's like SCEA is Santa Clause...

"It see's you when you're sleeping, it know's when you're awake...It write's down every suggestion everyone EVER has EVER made and implements it over the course of one installment!"

Do you guys ever sleep?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #260
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
Notice that every year scea admits that there were problems in the online play the previous year but that they are working hard to get it fixed for the current year....
And you expect them to say what? That they decided to give up on the online portion of the game?

They're doing whatever they can do to get it fixed, I have complete faith in them.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #261
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriolesmagic
And you expect them to say what? That they decided to give up on the online portion of the game?

They're doing whatever they can do to get it fixed, I have complete faith in them.
Agreed.

As apposed to some other developers/publishers that do not admit there is issues, and leave the community out in the cold.

Their honesty is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #262
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Could someone briefly explain to me/ link me/ or PM me on the difference between the current button (and L-Stick) only cursor hitting, and the upcoming button only true zone hitting?
With true zone, in order to make contact the ball will need to be within the PCI. Currently you can have your PCI in one location, the ball in another outside the PCI and contact still being made. Basically you need to be right on with your left stick aiming to hit successfully.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #263
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Pitch black skies are a part of baseball, though. That "illusion" is created by ambient light. But it's not just the sky, the entire surrounding environment. Even the downtown city skylines of Pittsburgh and San Diego become less visible from inside the stadium.
Well, having been to two Pirates games, I can't agree with that. With the way the lighting is inside the stadium the city backdrop is very visible. Im wondering if they could cheat a little bit..It is a videogame afterall
Old 12-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #264
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
With true zone, in order to make contact the ball will need to be within the PCI. Currently you can have your PCI in one location, the ball in another outside the PCI and contact still being made. Basically you need to be right on with your left stick aiming to hit successfully.
Jesus. And I thought I sucked before.

I'll be using the old option. Or whatever the default analog swing option is.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »