Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #153
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 11: The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
RTTS performance evaluation and training sound awesome.

Weather (with real effects)...BOOYA!

Analog controls...BOOYA!

True Zone hitting (OMFG!!!) BOO-TO-THE-YIGGITY-YA!

Team Specific Broadcast Cameras...BOOYA!

Eric Karros for commentary (and no mention of Rex :59 ::y220e ::star :: D:c ool::cheers44 4:ap pl:: y220f:) This is kinda nice.

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome...

That is all for now.
I concur exactly. I'm stoked!! Last year didn't have as much replay value as I wanted but so far this looks good...
Old 12-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #154
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Really the only thing I am hoping for is that the analog fielding fixed the broken fielding system in 10. If it is still broken, but just analog, then that would be a disappointment indeed. But being the optimistic person that I am, I am sure that the fielding will be amazing this year. I am also positive that there will be a franchise importing option so that I can bring my power house A's into 11 rather than having to play another year with the worst offense in the majors.
Yes, you ARE a "glass is half full" kinda guy!!!

Hey, if there's no importing...

How about "A thrilla....by Godzilla!!!"

That's $4.5 Million very well spent, in my opinion.

So, no need to cancel the Yankeeography.

Oh, as far as the preview goes. All I can say is, wow. Not just a minor upgrade at all. Holy smokes!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #155
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Lets revisit this statement in about 20 minutes

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #156
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Yes, you ARE a "glass is half full" kinda guy!!!

Hey, if there's no importing...

How about "A thrilla....by Godzilla!!!"

That's $4.5 Million very well spent, in my opinion.

So, no need to cancel the Yankeeography.

Oh, as far as the preview goes. All I can say is, wow. Not just a minor upgrade at all. Holy smokes!

Not at all!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #157
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
We haven't even touched on custom rosters for online league play! My goodness.
'

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #158
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by khronikos
Honestly, I know the hardcore are going to eat this stuff up but I am not impressed. I am not sure how much farther they can go with this on the PS3 with their current engine and team.
DO NOT TAKE THINLY VEILED SHOTS AT THE DEV TEAM, FINAL WARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
I love this time of year...Color me impressed and impatiently waiting to get my hands on MLB 11 already.

Everything looks and sounds awesome!!!!!
yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Crossing my fingers for the following:

-Auto loading rosters
-A "live" season interface ala MLB2K10, complete with dynamically updating rosters
-Auto save
"Live" season interface would be awesooooooooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
khron, no need to explain as i am with you, in terms of not being a yearly sports game purchaser.

for me to grab 11 it HAS to have a new UI, from the menus, which in franchise are a jumblegluck, right on down to the in game banners.
from the looks of the pic, the banners are the same with just white added instead of full black.
not what I was hoping for.

navigating franny is a chore for me.
i honestly dont need any more features in my franchise mode, its already stacked.
I just want a new look to the whole affair.

also with baseball being a stats game, i want to see that brought to life in stat pop ups in game.
not the paltry overlays we had last year.

i have no problem sticking with 10, too deep into it all to jump into another version unless the tv presentation is overhauled which will breath life into the experience, at least for me.

as far as the first news of whats added...aint nothing wrong with what i see, but i am still waiting for stuff to show up from MVP days of yore.

I might just dive back in when the gates open up in 2012.
tho, i will be monitoring the news of 11 as it comes out, you never know it might have the stuff i am looking for.
I'm not a huge fan of the menus either, but they're familiar so I do ok. This is just the FIRST BIT of info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo

And real quick...Having new models isn't all about the "look" its also about how the players themselves shift their shoulders, etc., If they truly got rid of the boxy movements, damn we'll be in business.
Well I think they said they have to reanimate player models, so maybe some of this is fixed as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
It is just mind bogling how many new features are in this years iteration. The only thing that concerns me is the new analog controls for everything. I think analog works well for pitching, but am not sold on how well it works for hitting and fielding. I'm glad to know that we have the option to use the old controls though, so if I don't like it, I can simply revert back to playing the way I am used to. I really hope there are seperate options for each category (pitching, hitting, fielding), so that way I can still use buttons for hitting and fielding, but analog for pitching or any type of configuration I want. Can you comment on this Russell? Will seperate controls for each aspect be available, or will it be all or nothing? I really hope fielding has been vastly improved as this has been the weekness for the Show for years. It seems as though we will have more control over offline throws ect... which is promising. I just hope that they haven't tried to implement too many new things at once, and that the basic game formula is still the same. I don't want a whole new game. They way I look at it, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't mind a few tweaks here and there to tighten things up. I just hope they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel as this can sometimes be the demise of a great franchise. None the less, I am really looking forward to this years editions, especially how the new analog controls play out.
Pretty much my thoughts. Analog pitching may be fun, fielding I may stick to the old way, and hitting I'll go back and forth.

SO EXCITED!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #159
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Custom Rosters in Franchise mode WITH AI controlled teams for unassigned teams = Amazing.

I wrote about this a few days ago that I wanted it, and here it is! Loving the preview...I cannot wait to play this game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
'

M.K.
Knight165

Other online improvements include flexible divisions in leagues (2, 4 or 6), custom roster support for league play, and the ability for commissioners to set AI controlled teams so that you can play in a league with 30 teams even if you have only a handful of human players.

TOO YUMMY!!! OS/Knights for online play! Book IT!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #160
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

My tongue is bleeding from biting it so hard.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »