Home

MLB 11 The Show First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #137
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 11 The Show First Look

I find menus perfect to me. Easy to read and interface is fast responding which I like because I spend sometimes lot of time in those ( lineups, editing players, franchise and so on).

If you tried menus in NCAA, NHL there are a bit slow and non-responsive.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #138
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11: The Show First Look

No Rex Hudler!!!! :c avalry:
Old 12-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #139
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Player models look better to me. Looks like the have the shoulders and arms looking much better.

Custom camera angles are a godsend.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 9

Great read. I'm still on cloud 9 seeing my team be the default Home team for a sports game. Cant get enough of it. AT&T looks great!! This will be my 2nd year with a PS3/The SHow so im still seeing new things when I pop in MLB 10.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE there be an actual splash cam and World Series Champion shirts in the crowd!!.....
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #141
Banned

OVR: 4

It is just mind bogling how many new features are in this years iteration. The only thing that concerns me is the new analog controls for everything. I think analog works well for pitching, but am not sold on how well it works for hitting and fielding. I'm glad to know that we have the option to use the old controls though, so if I don't like it, I can simply revert back to playing the way I am used to. I really hope there are seperate options for each category (pitching, hitting, fielding), so that way I can still use buttons for hitting and fielding, but analog for pitching or any type of configuration I want. Can you comment on this Russell? Will seperate controls for each aspect be available, or will it be all or nothing? I really hope fielding has been vastly improved as this has been the weekness for the Show for years. It seems as though we will have more control over offline throws ect... which is promising. I just hope that they haven't tried to implement too many new things at once, and that the basic game formula is still the same. I don't want a whole new game. They way I look at it, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't mind a few tweaks here and there to tighten things up. I just hope they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel as this can sometimes be the demise of a great franchise. None the less, I am really looking forward to this years editions, especially how the new analog controls play out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #142
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Player models look better to me. Looks like the have the shoulders and arms looking much better.

Custom camera angles are a godsend.
Well the actual models themselves look unchanged, in the sense that I wouldn't call these the "new" ones that they've been working on. But it seems every year they do something that hides the ugliness of the player proportions themselves even more than the previous year, and this year is no exception.

The only negative about this time of year is it gives me nearly no desire to play "that old game" that sits on my shelf anymore. Bring on 11!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #143
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Custom Rosters in Franchise mode WITH AI controlled teams for unassigned teams = Amazing.

I wrote about this a few days ago that I wanted it, and here it is! Loving the preview...I cannot wait to play this game!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #144
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Lingering questions, Do retractable roofs work with new weather and also create a team...
Good question on the weather. I would like to think the roofs work with rain. I'll be disappointed if it's like Madden and it starts raining inside...lol.

My other question (about the available info at least) is about commentary. Is it reworked to be more organic and fluid or is it 3 guys in their separate spots spliced together? If I had The Show's depth of lines coupled with 2Ks interaction, I'd be in commentary heaven.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »