Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #777
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Try hitting X first(if you didn't already)

M.K.
Knight165
Nothing I try works. I'm an advanced user for this type stuff too. I can't get any offline content on USB to work from the XBM. This is truly ridiculous. My content shows but absolutely no option to "copy" anything. All of the my save files on a USB device shows with correct information and timestamp but will not allow me to copy.

I've tried another SD Card too to make sure it wasn't the one I had been trying to get to work. I thought maybe the blank flash drive I have was the problem. It's not your standard drive with space on it.

It only has an SD Card slot to use for storage/data. That doesn't seem to be an issue either. I'm just baffled at this really. It's like something from the PS3 is locking me out for copying save content from USB. I'm really aggravated about this because I can't get any of this offline content to work for my sports games.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #778
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Did you hit triangle while the file is selected?

Is the USB key locked? What I mean is did you accidentally select a 'read only' option on it in Windows?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #779
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Did you hit triangle while the file is selected?

Is the USB key locked? What I mean is did you accidentally select a 'read only' option on it in Windows?
Hitting triangle from the actual files on the USB kicks me back out of viewing the saves and gives me no options to copy or anythying else.

I can drag & drop files to and from the USB device from Windows. It's not locked to just reading. The actual saves showing up from XBM shows that the drive isn't locked. I don't know what's going on. I can't get it to work from XBM.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 11-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #780
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Hitting triangle from the actual files on the USB kicks me back out of viewing the saves and gives me no options to copy or anythying else.

I can drag & drop files to and from the USB device from Windows. It's not locked to just reading. The actual saves showing up from XBM shows that the drive isn't locked. I don't know what's going on. I can't get it to work from XBM.
You know something. Sony patched their system with 3.50, and it disabled certain third party USB controllers that were not licensed and messed with "some" not all, but some USB flash drives, because there was this one flash drive file that some people made that you were able to supposedly hack the discs and rip them to the HDD. So that you can supposedly bit-torrent games and play them illegally.

I am wondering if you are experiencing this rare instance, and need a different USB key. You can try and external HDD if you have one as well.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #781
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
You know something. Sony patched their system with 3.50, and it disabled certain third party USB controllers that were not licensed and messed with "some" not all, but some USB flash drives, because there was this one flash drive file that some people made that you were able to supposedly hack the discs and rip them to the HDD. So that you can supposedly bit-torrent games and play them illegally.

I am wondering if you are experiencing this rare instance, and need a different USB key. You can try and external HDD if you have one as well.
I think this is a reasonable explanation. I'm using kind of a non-standard USB device. It's a blank flash drive that has a SD Card slot. I received this from a bundled camera deal back last year. It came with a 16mb SD card.

I had never had any use for it until trying to use these offline files for transferring files to the PS3. It won't work with any files I try. Why are the files from the USB even showing up though from XBM?

I do have a spare USB HDD but I'm really using it for my 360. I may have to go out and get me a small(4GB or so) flash drive to see how it works. I just don't see the need because I have this USB drive right now with a 16mb SD card that's plenty big enough for copying offline files.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #782
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I think this is a reasonable explanation. I'm using kind of a non-standard USB device. It's a blank flash drive that has a SD Card slot. I received this from a bundled camera deal back last year. It came with a 16mb SD card.

I had never had any use for it until trying to use these offline files for transferring files to the PS3. It won't work with any files I try. Why are the files from the USB even showing up though from XBM?

I do have a spare USB HDD but I'm really using it for my 360. I may have to go out and get me a small(4GB or so) flash drive to see how it works. I just don't see the need because I have this USB drive right now with a 16mb SD card that's plenty big enough for copying offline files.
Yeah, that sounds like the issue to me. You would be able to view, but the copy feature has been disabled.

Just get a cheap SanDisk or Kingston one. They are very cheap at Wal-Mart in the 4GB range. It should do the trick no problem. If not, you can always return it.

But I am willing to bet that is the issue you are running into. Good Luck, and let me know how it works out for you.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #783
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds like the issue to me. You would be able to view, but the copy feature has been disabled.

Just get a cheap SanDisk or Kingston one. They are very cheap at Wal-Mart in the 4GB range. It should do the trick no problem. If not, you can always return it.

But I am willing to bet that is the issue you are running into. Good Luck, and let me know how it works out for you.
Yeah! I'm gonna go out and get me a flash drive this weekend. I probably don't need anything bigger than 2GB really. I'm only gonna need it for offline files like we can get here at OS. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 11-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #784
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Well, it doesn't appear to be related to USB device. I had a spare 160GB external HDD laying around that was used from a prior PC. I formatted it to FAT32 and placed a "PS3" save folder onto the root of the drive. Same thing happened. I can view the save but hitting triangle does nothing but kick me back out.

I see no need in even fooling with buying a smaller flash drive now. I don't understand what's going on though. Does it have anything to do with the PS3 model? I'm using a 40GB model but I don't see that should matter just for copying save content. This really puzzles me!

I also have noticed something else. From the "Game Data Utility" the same stuff happens. These are game patches/updates and I can't delete them or do anything with them. Hitting triangle takes me back out of the patch/update as well. Hitting triangle is supposed to bring up "options" for the viewable content but it doesn't happen for me.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Last edited by tonybologna; 11-12-2010 at 05:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »