Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #785
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Well, it doesn't appear to be related to USB device. I had a spare 160GB external HDD laying around that was used from a prior PC. I formatted it to FAT32 and placed a "PS3" save folder onto the root of the drive. Same thing happened. I can view the save but hitting triangle does nothing but kick me back out.

I see no need in even fooling with buying a smaller flash drive now. I don't understand what's going on though. Does it have anything to do with the PS3 model? I'm using a 40GB model but I don't see that should matter just for copying save content. This really puzzles me!

No...it shouldn't.
I still think it's the flash drive.
I had one that wouldn't read a while ago.
My $5 one that I bought from newegg 2 or three years ago works flawlessly...so try finding a cheapo just to check.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #786
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

This is definitely very puzzling. You can view the file, and see the save, but hitting triangle on the controller does not bring up options, it boots you?

You can try posting on the official PlayStation boards here:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/

I tried googling but came up with nothing similar to what you are experiencing.

Only other thing I can think of, and this is a long shot... you have multiple profiles on the PS3 and are trying to copy under one with restrictions?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #787
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
No...it shouldn't.
I still think it's the flash drive.
I had one that wouldn't read a while ago.
My $5 one that I bought from newegg 2 or three years ago works flawlessly...so try finding a cheapo just to check.
Well, the 160GB HDD is a really good one. It's the WD Passport and they're pretty good drives. I was trying a cheap one in the first place.

Quote:
This is definitely very puzzling. You can view the file, and see the save, but hitting triangle on the controller does not bring up options, it boots you?

You can try posting on the official PlayStation boards here:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/

I tried googling but came up with nothing similar to what you are experiencing.

Only other thing I can think of, and this is a long shot... you have multiple profiles on the PS3 and are trying to copy under one with restrictions?
Well, the final part might be a possibility. I did create a new user before all this. I'll go back into the older user account and see what happens. I doubt that will help but willing to try a lot of things to get this resolved. I'll also try the PS.com boards. How do you even go about removing restrictions for users anyhow?

I had googled my problem as well but couldn't come up with much either to match my issues.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 11-12-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #788
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

I have no clue, I am not even sure you can, I was just brainstorming. I never really messed with that feature personally.

If you can find anything out on the official forums, please let us know.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #789
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I have no clue, I am not even sure you can, I was just brainstorming. I never really messed with that feature personally.

If you can find anything out on the official forums, please let us know.
Well, I went out and bought me a 2GB SanDisk USB Cruser. Guess what? Same thing going on. It's not related to the USB drives. There's something going on from the PS3 that's not allowing me to copy the contents. I have now tried from different profiles on the PS3 with no luck.

I honestly can't believe this bull! I thought getting offline saves was bad on the 360 but this is ridiculous on the PS3. The 360 stuff just had to be resigned and they worked. I can't even get an option to do anything on the PS3. I'm just in an absolute disbelief right now over this issue. I don't know what to try next!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #790
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Well, I went out and bought me a 2GB SanDisk USB Cruser. Guess what? Same thing going on. It's not related to the USB drives. There's something going on from the PS3 that's not allowing me to copy the contents. I have now tried from different profiles on the PS3 with no luck.

I honestly can't believe this bull! I thought getting offline saves was bad on the 360 but this is ridiculous on the PS3. The 360 stuff just had to be resigned and they worked. I can't even get an option to do anything on the PS3. I'm just in an absolute disbelief right now over this issue. I don't know what to try next!
Is your PS3 fully updated? I am stumped, did you also try posting on the official Sony forums in tech support?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:00 AM   #791
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Is your PS3 fully updated? I am stumped, did you also try posting on the official Sony forums in tech support?
Yeah! Updated as in the latest firmware? What would that have to do with this feature working anyhow?

I posted my problem over at PS.com bards but haven't had any replies back to me yet. I'm totally puzzled here!

There has to be some corruption on the HDD or somewhere. I mean everything else I try seems to work okay. I think I'm gonna try to copy a save from PS3 to USB and see if I can do that. If it's not corrupted in some way then it has to be a setting on the PS3 causing problems.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #792
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Yeah! Updated as in the latest firmware? What would that have to do with this feature working anyhow?

I posted my problem over at PS.com bards but haven't had any replies back to me yet. I'm totally puzzled here!

There has to be some corruption on the HDD or somewhere. I mean everything else I try seems to work okay. I think I'm gonna try to copy a save from PS3 to USB and see if I can do that. If it's not corrupted in some way then it has to be a setting on the PS3 causing problems.

I keep popping in here hoping you have found a solution.
I'm pullin' for you tony..

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »