Home

The State of the Association

This is a discussion on The State of the Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: The State of the Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I was expecting a story about the Association lol
You aren't the only one who thought this at first...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #26
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
lol fanatics always overreact...
I'm not sneaking anything into my posts I strongly believe that.
I liked lives jumpshooting alot more because the stars and most of the other players had much more accurate sig jumpers. And live had Great momentum shots meanwhile 2k10 did not. 2k10 had terrible jumpshooting, the terrible spacing and crazy closeouts ruined that part of the game. This year 2k11 looks to have the best jumpshooting ever..aswell as spacing.
I don't disagree with you on this one Rocboyz. Live 10's jumpshooting was more responsive and fun. Was it more realistic? Maybe, maybe not. It seemed like some guys caught fire for no reason, and the timing on the shots was so random and ratings based. Even when I felt I hit the groove with one player's stroke, wide open looks weren't falling. Now maybe this was the game balancing out the previous two 3's I hit with a player. I think that the DNA really influenced this aspect and detracted from the game's shooting - but it was very minor. In NBA2K10, pulling fade aways off and momentum jumpers are clunky. Meaning: I see an opening on the floor that I want to drive to and take a jump at but the time my player goes through the animation of dribbling to the open space, gathering, and going up, my shot is contested; sometimes even I wound up in the wrong spot on the floor so that was discerning. But, 2K10 did have the edge with the timing and release points on the shots in my opinion. Signature style shots felt about the same to me. I think I would give 2k10 the edge there because of all their great free throw routines - great detail in there. But Live definitely had a nice tight, and responsive feel to your ballers out there and I think that's why so many people enjoyed it - even though it doesn't mirror NBA basketball as much as 2K10 does
Old 09-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #27
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
I don't really understand BB much but, I still play the crap out of NBA 2k series
Old 09-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
here is my list Jordan vs Bird, double dribble , lakers vs celtics sig shots one player on the team ,bulls vs next 2 , tecmo basketball first game with seasons (well just one) Nba showdown 94 break the back board glass, LIVE 95 ,96 on sega, 97 ps one , 98, 99 lock out , nba 2k on dreamcast 2k 1 first on -line bball console game, 2k 2 , 2k 3 first game with zone D, back to live 04 the freestyle was great after a year live 05 best ever on pc live 06 then bac to 2k07 sig shots on xbox. 2k 8 2k 9 2k10, 2k 11 on PS 3 first console on-line game in 3D with motion controls thats how i ben getting down for the last 20+ years
Old 09-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 14
Nice article. Really makes me appreciate what these people do to give us a great basketball year in and year out.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #30
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: The State of the Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I was expecting a story about the Association lol
i was thinking the same thing lol
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
lol fanatics always overreact...
I'm not sneaking anything into my posts I strongly believe that.
I liked lives jumpshooting alot more because the stars and most of the other players had much more accurate sig jumpers. And live had Great momentum shots meanwhile 2k10 did not. 2k10 had terrible jumpshooting, the terrible spacing and crazy closeouts ruined that part of the game. This year 2k11 looks to have the best jumpshooting ever..aswell as spacing.
Ok then I agree with the momentum jumpers and the fact that 2k10 did have crazy closeouts and super recovery speed all around...but the jumpers in live don't let the players get off the ground,especially the default shot,the player didn't even jump at all,and if they did it was credit card vertical...lol...and I'm no fanatic,I loved both games at a point,like last yr was great...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 4
Right after I read the heavily biased internet fanboi rant that characterized the Elite roundtable, which just about "crashed OS's stocks" for me, I read this article and was reward with an excellent analysis where logic reigns and fanboi cries are nowhere to be found.

Thank you for a good read. You saved OS's stocks from crashing.

There is no denying that Elite's implementation of the stick controls are not quite there yet. But I think it can be done; because even in its current incomplete, rushed, beta form, it managed to be fun and for some, even feel kind of like bball.

They made it work for hockey, football, skateboarding. They probably can make it work for bball. Just not yet with Elite.

How the controls make sense eventually, how it takes shape later on and mature, is ultimately up to them to design. We gamers like to take a few moments and think about it and if we can't get an idea we decide it cant be done. But the devs has a team, who get paid, and given time to work on it. Our guesses inbetween toilet breaks might not be able to come up with a solution in comparison.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »