Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #385
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24
So anyway...I'll ask again...Is anyone else seeing an issue with guys coming back in the rotation and not being at full strength using these rosters? I started a franchise with the Tigers, and I am back around for the second turn in the pitching rotation. Each and every starter, when it is their day to throw the second time around is still not replenished. Note that I haven't thrown more than 80 pitches a game with any of them the first time around. Now the second turn in the rotation, and I can't throw 65 or 70 without them being completely out of energy. What is going on?!
I haven't had this problem. Are you maxing out the pitch meter on every pitch? That would cause your stamina to drain faster. If you are try stopping the pitching meter before the red section of it. You will get good velocity/movement on your pitches and it will conserve stamina a little.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #386
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope300hitter05
I haven't had this problem. Are you maxing out the pitch meter on every pitch? That would cause your stamina to drain faster. If you are try stopping the pitching meter before the red section of it. You will get good velocity/movement on your pitches and it will conserve stamina a little.

I had a feeling I would've been asked that. I should have clarified, my fault. No I do not max out my pitch meter. I usually stop just before the yellow and do the minimum. I NEVER take it to the red. Verlander is just fine, as his stamina is at 93 on this roster set. Bonderman, Porcello, Scherzer, and Willis are all in the 60's on this set. I threw all 4 of them for 5-6 innings and pulled them after 70-80 pitches, and they hardly had anything left in the energy tank. Their next turn in the rotation, it was only 75-80% full, after a full five days rest, and I can only go 4-5 innings and I have to take them out (after 50-60 pitches usually) because they're energy meter is completely depleted. And again, I do NOT max out my meter at all while pitching. I adjusted the SP Stamina slider to 7, as it was recommended in this thread. Still seeing the problem. And the biggest problem of all...I am having a BLAST with my franchise right now. I'm only at .500, but I'm having fun. But this SP energy problem is really draining the fun out of it.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #387
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2441

With OSv2

Sim 1: 18,29,22,15
Sim 2: 15,28,26,9

With SCEA
Sim 1: 19,36,25,11
Sim 2: 19,29,21,18

Conclusions:1)The number of pitchers w/ERA under 3 is slightly higher with these 2 roster sets.
2)The number of pitchers w/more than 1 CG is really inflated with these 2 sets. The number is much better with OSv3 (w/the pitch and stamina edits)
3) The number of pitchers w/more than 90 IP is higher with these 2 rosters but it is still ~half of the current 41 in real life.
4) The WHIP is much lower than real life regardless of roster base.
Pretty good results, both those roster sets show an improvement in pitching overall compared to v3 set. Certainly a small sample though, and a few outlying numbers.

It certainly isn't fun to do stats, so I understand not wanting (or not having the time) to do 5 sims of each...but it would make for much better comparison.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #388
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
I have just gotten off the phone with TD. Heres the story. In an effort to make evryone happy V4 will be finished shortly. There were still some players (Juan Uribe an example .305, 28 no chance) that needed tweaking. He is in the process of doing that. He is going team by team thus vying for the greatest accuracy. It will be released WITH Razr's stamina. My opinion would be that these would be for those that play everyday with a team.

Then in a few days we will be releasing V4.1 with stamina edited. TD will be doing this with my assistance. We will be trying to achieve the best simulated statistical accuracy without sacrificing gameplay for those that would like that.

I apologise for the delay and what not but Please dont ask for an ETA on that, pretty please.
Hey Ja you think you might update the lineups/transactions in V4.1? That would be really cool. Me personally I like how the MLB is right now with all the hot shots up compared to opening day (No injuries included?). If not that is cool, but just checking in with you to be sure you know. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the creation of this master piece and great games to you all.
fatjoejr2001
Old 06-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #389
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24
So anyway...I'll ask again...Is anyone else seeing an issue with guys coming back in the rotation and not being at full strength using these rosters? I started a franchise with the Tigers, and I am back around for the second turn in the pitching rotation. Each and every starter, when it is their day to throw the second time around is still not replenished. Note that I haven't thrown more than 80 pitches a game with any of them the first time around. Now the second turn in the rotation, and I can't throw 65 or 70 without them being completely out of energy. What is going on?!
It's because the starting pitchers stamina ratings are all screwed up in V3 rosters. The SP stamina is too low with the default rosters, yet for some reason they decided to make it even lower in V3. Your best bet is to re edit the rosters yourself, upping every SP's stamina rating by 5 if it is in the 90's, 10 if it is in the 80's and 15 if it is in the 70's.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #390
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I kind of liked the pitching stamina and attributes prior to the V3 release. I'm not crazy about the idea of radically changing the stamina ratings. I do however think the game needs serious changing of player ratings, especially hitters. Its going to be tough to decide between using V2 or V4. On one hand, I don't want the pitch edits, but on the other, I really want the batter edits.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #391
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I kind of liked the pitching stamina and attributes prior to the V3 release. I'm not crazy about the idea of radically changing the stamina ratings. I do however think the game needs serious changing of player ratings, especially hitters. Its going to be tough to decide between using V2 or V4. On one hand, I don't want the pitch edits, but on the other, I really want the batter edits.
I'm w/ ya bro... dunno what to do either. Maybe wait for V5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #392
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope300hitter05
what pitcher level are you, pope? what level are you, ferris?

wondering if veteran pitching mode allows for more cushioned depletion of stamina.

i'm at allstar, and i use classic pitching, but yes i've seen what you're seeing since the roster was released. you can try bumping your stamina slider at least 2, if not 3 notches up from where you are... i havent tried 3 yet, i haven't played recently anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »