Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #361
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Dean, what we are seeing this MLB season is abnormal. The AL average tRA ranged from 4.85 to 4.98 the previous three seasons, but is currently sitting at 4.57, below the NL average of 4.59.

Have you questioned if you are putting too much weight on not even a half-season worth of data, seemingly ignoring the fact that the pitching stats this season are a complete outlier relative to recent history? Seeing as how the pitch edits are supposed to reflect more than the current season, citing their numbers in a comparison to the real-life stats in the third week of June does not offer intellectually honest comparisons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 02:19 PM   #362
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

I have just gotten off the phone with TD. Heres the story. In an effort to make evryone happy V4 will be finished shortly. There were still some players (Juan Uribe an example .305, 28 no chance) that needed tweaking. He is in the process of doing that. He is going team by team thus vying for the greatest accuracy. It will be released WITH Razr's stamina. My opinion would be that these would be for those that play everyday with a team.

Then in a few days we will be releasing V4.1 with stamina edited. TD will be doing this with my assistance. We will be trying to achieve the best simulated statistical accuracy without sacrificing gameplay for those that would like that.

I apologise for the delay and what not but Please dont ask for an ETA on that, pretty please.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #363
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is it possible that not the virtual game, but the reality is (mainly) causing these problems?

Pitchers have way better numbers this year than years past and go the distance more often and pitch more innings per game.

The game wasn't (understandibly) ready for that when it was released. I think it's very hard for the rostermakers to mirror this years' stats, while also take in account players performances and stats from previous years.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #364
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_Dey_91
i've simmed one season up to today and my numbers were very realistic with v.3.
i got 23 pitchers with under 3 era
i got 24 complete games
i got 33 pitchers with over 90 innings pitched
i got 17 pitchers with whip under 1.20

so my numbers were realistic. The only one a little off is the whip which is about half of the real numbers. i dont use razr's slider preferences though. and i still get very realistic numbers during a game. i can post the sliders i use if u want me to.

Plust my batting stats were also very close to realism except for a couple of guys. But your going to see that in any roster.
If you could post your sliders that would be great.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #365
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenmB
Is it possible that not the virtual game, but the reality is (mainly) causing these problems?

Pitchers have way better numbers this year than years past and go the distance more often and pitch more innings per game.

The game wasn't (understandibly) ready for that when it was released. I think it's very hard for the rostermakers to mirror this years' stats, while also take in account players performances and stats from previous years.
Exactly. You can't question the re-rating of the players because they are not mirroring real-life performances when what we are seeing this year in MLB is a total statistical outlier relative to recent history.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #366
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is true. But then what can these rosters be compared too? And it wasn't just pitching stats that were off, I had guys with 90 RBIs already and slugging over .800.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #367
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
This is true. But then what can these rosters be compared too? And it wasn't just pitching stats that were off, I had guys with 90 RBIs already and slugging over .800.
When you were talking about pitching stats you were talking about stats around the league. That A-Rod and Pujols are overrated is something else. And of course the hitting and the pitching stats are connected.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #368
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal G.
Exactly. You can't question the re-rating of the players because they are not mirroring real-life performances when what we are seeing this year in MLB is a total statistical outlier relative to recent history.
Just my two cents, the game has been evolving for past 3 years back into a speed and defense game. Offensive numbers are disappearing as pitchers gain the advantages of more solid defensive players. Power numbers are dropping for obvious reasons. There is more reliance in moving ruinners along instead of waiting for the monstrous jack in most cases. SCEA has always made their ratings more in tune with offensive numbers. Chicks dig the long ball, and the casual consumer should be able to hit them out fairly easily. The purpose of these re-rates is to try to recreate the game as its played now. Now this year could be an outlier, but I dont think so. This year is a sign of years to come.

Another year, and here we go again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »