Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #353
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope300hitter05
like I said before, I haven't had any sim problems with the v3 edits. I'm 30 games into a Rays chise with v3, and if anything so far teams are actually pitching too well. I'm 10th in the AL in team era with a 4.40.
Sim up until today's date. Don't play any games. The pitching stats are totally off.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #354
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Sim up until today's date. Don't play any games. The pitching stats are totally off.
Give us some details, man. How much are they off? Are they different but still reasonable, or totally outside the realm of possibility? Are they off the same amount when comparing multiple sims? etc...
Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #355
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think I'll play my franchise with V2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #356
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubit
Give us some details, man. How much are they off? Are they different but still reasonable, or totally outside the realm of possibility? Are they off the same amount when comparing multiple sims? etc...
A few days ago I did some early preliminary testing. 4 seasons simmed up until the current date. I am at work now but I am going to be doing more simming when I get home.

This is what I posted in the sliders board:

Quote:
As of June 20th, the MLB leaders in the following categories are as follows:

ERA- 22 players under 3.00
Complete Games- 17 players have more than 1
Inning Pitched- 41 players have over 90
WHIP- 32 players under 1.20

These are my simmed results up until today's date:

V3, PITCH EDITS, ADJUSTED SLIDERS

SIM 1 (players with ERA under 3, players with more than 1 CG, players with more than 90 IP, and players with WHIPs under 1.20):
9, 18, 17, 12

Compare these to the real MLB stats I provided. Only 9 with ERA's under 3 compared to 22, only 17 with 90 IP in comparison to 41, and only 12 with WHIPs under 1.2 in comparison to 32. The pitching numbers are largely inconsistent with real-life stats.

SIM 2:
14, 22, 13, 11

SIM 3:
14, 17, 13, 11

SIM 4:
11, 16, 14, 10

SIM 5:
12, 16, 14, 8
So, in comparison to having 22 players with an ERA under 3, simmed results averaged around half of that. There were roughly the same number of complete games by pitchers. On the other hand, there were 41 pitchers in real life who threw over 90 innings, compared to an average that was around a quarter of that in my simmed seasons. Same for WHIP. This was preliminary and not as organized as my second simming attempt which will happen tonight.

And this is just pitching stats with v3. I didn't take down the hitting stats, which were nuts and had guys like A-Rod slugging over .800.

What I think happened, mainly, is that RAZR messed up the stamina and didn't take into account the fact that this would lower pitchers as a whole if the hitting ratings weren't adjusted as well. So the game has an unfair statistical advantage to hitters.

Now, this is v3 we are talking about. I have yet to work with v4 but I am going to get the opportunity to later tonight. I will post all of my results as I get them and we'll see if the problems from v3 have gotten worse or improved.

Last edited by Dean3790; 06-23-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #357
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did you compare what you were getting with V2, V3, and with SCEA rosters ?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #358
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

What numbers do you get for similar categories when you sim a whole season? ERAs under 3, more than 1 CG, more than 200 IPs, and WHIPS under 1.20? Simming a full season would probably give us a better idea of numbers for things to fix.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 06-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #359
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
A few days ago I did some early preliminary testing. 4 seasons simmed up until the current date. I am at work now but I am going to be doing more simming when I get home.

So, in comparison to having 22 players with an ERA under 3, simmed results averaged around half of that. There were roughly the same number of complete games by pitchers. On the other hand, there were 41 pitchers in real life who threw over 90 innings, compared to an average that was around a quarter of that in my simmed seasons. Same for WHIP. This was preliminary and not as organized as my second simming attempt which will happen tonight.

And this is just pitching stats with v3. I didn't take down the hitting stats, which were nuts and had guys like A-Rod slugging over .800.

What I think happened, mainly, is that RAZR messed up the stamina and didn't take into account the fact that this would lower pitchers as a whole if the hitting ratings weren't adjusted as well. So the game has an unfair statistical advantage to hitters.

Now, this is v3 we are talking about. I have yet to work with v4 but I am going to get the opportunity to later tonight. I will post all of my results as I get them and we'll see if the problems from v3 have gotten worse or improved.
Yeah If I have to be honest the pitch edits have been built on just the games you play and not the whole leagues statistics (simmed games). I did two sim seasons and I had the same issue with A-Rod and Pujols. Slugged over 800 and A-Rod hit 51 hrs (No Steriods= 30) while pujols had a 389 avg for the year lol. When the pitchers push for the extra innings with the stamina so low, It results in batters having the advantage. Overall it wouldn't hold me back (EVER LOL) from continuing to play the game with the flaws. However, if it can in fact be fixed. I vote for the fixing because everyone that wants realistic simmed stats will not enjoy the end results.
fatjoejr2001

Last edited by fatjoejr2001; 06-23-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #360
Rookie

Who_Dey_91's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon5 Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:

i've simmed one season up to today and my numbers were very realistic with v.3.
i got 23 pitchers with under 3 era
i got 24 complete games
i got 33 pitchers with over 90 innings pitched
i got 17 pitchers with whip under 1.20

so my numbers were realistic. The only one a little off is the whip which is about half of the real numbers. i dont use razr's slider preferences though. and i still get very realistic numbers during a game. i can post the sliders i use if u want me to.

Plust my batting stats were also very close to realism except for a couple of guys. But your going to see that in any roster.

Last edited by Who_Dey_91; 06-23-2010 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »