Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #121
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I had some weird statistical anomalies after a week with these. My RP were accumulating way too many innings early, like 6-7 for two of them in week one. My hunch (I simmed two games) was that my starters wend down way early. Still, I was surprised by that stat.
Give it some more time and let me know on that. Two bad starts in a row could easily happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stusteelersqb5
about the pitch edits. after simulating one season, i had a relief pitcher pitch in 125 games, accumulating 137 innings. that is just ridiculous. i said before that the stamina edits suck, and i think they clearly do. i looked at each team in the bigs, and all of them had at least on relief pitcher go over 100 innings and games. that formula is terrible. it should be based on pitches per game, not innings. a starter can go 4 innings and have 95 pitches, but that would mean their stamina should be low because they only pitched 4 innings. the stamina edits really need to be addressed without a question. struts sliders work great in an actual game with the edits, but those edits put up terrible stat number throughout the season.
So you run a sim for the first time with any roster set and it's the stamina edits that caused any statistical errors for pitchers?

By the way you actually can go 100+ pitches with a guy with 60 stamina. It will simply take more work so your 4 innings 95 pitches thing doesn't exactly hold up in this case. Plus this is calculated over an entire season and I'd assume that if a starter only was going 4 innings every start he wouldn't be starting. I am going for in game play instead of simmed issues. And also I've said it before and I'll state it more clearly now. I am finished editing stamina on these rosters. Any other requests/solutions/claims that action needs to be take will not be done by me. If you want the ratings that "suck" changed then take care of it on your own accord.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well put RAZRr1257. I never post on here but I just had to. I think that all the time and effort people put in these rosters goes above and beyond what anyone should be doing. And instead of some people appreciating what is done they cry about how bad it is done. No one said you certain individuals had to use the rosters as is. If you don't like them don't use them or change them to how you want them. Personally I would like to thank everyone for their time and I'm looking forward to V4. Oh and thanks for the comment about taking a look at Silva. He has totally come around from the last couple years.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #123
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Yup. He and Greinke, Sheets, Cliff Lee, and Lincecum are all maxed out. Also another comment on the stamina edits. Most get the impression that there was a mass lowering going on. A good amount of guys actually got boosted. The main goal was to separate the great guys from the normal and mediocre pitchers. We simply increased the gap so that you will see a difference in your top and bottom of the rotation guys.

hey raxr do u want us to post are ip & # of pitches throwen here are is there another thread you want us to do that in

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #124
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
hey raxr do u want us to post are ip & # of pitches throwen here are is there another thread you want us to do that in
I just created a thread in the slider forum for that sort of thing just to clear up other areas. If you could post some stats that would be great.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #125
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

To anyone who plays w/ the pitch edits: Do you guys have any tips on how to get K's with the different types of 2-seam/sinkers? I can't ever strike anyone out especially with the sinker and if I pitch it up and away or up and in, they always seem to kill it. I play on All-Star difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by stusteelersqb5
about the pitch edits. after simulating one season, i had a relief pitcher pitch in 125 games, accumulating 137 innings. that is just ridiculous. i said before that the stamina edits suck, and i think they clearly do.

This is your one and only warning - if I see another post like this, I'm removing you from the forms. End of story.

If you disagree with the edits, make your own adjustments.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #127
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
To anyone who plays w/ the pitch edits: Do you guys have any tips on how to get K's with the different types of 2-seam/sinkers? I can't ever strike anyone out especially with the sinker and if I pitch it up and away or up and in, they always seem to kill it. I play on All-Star difficulty.
For 2 seams if your going high start it outside of the K zone and let the movement carry it back in, you can freeze some guys looking and swinging that way. You can also start out and let it move back in. If a guy throws one hard you can blow it over the plate like a 4 seamer and get guys that way. For sinkers to get strikeouts you want to just keep pounding it down and get guys to chase. Also try the painting the corners tactic as mentioned with the 2 seamer.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Yup. He and Greinke, Sheets, Cliff Lee, and Lincecum are all maxed out. Also another comment on the stamina edits. Most get the impression that there was a mass lowering going on. A good amount of guys actually got boosted. The main goal was to separate the great guys from the normal and mediocre pitchers. We simply increased the gap so that you will see a difference in your top and bottom of the rotation guys.
Justin Verlander should definitely be maxed out too (haven't checked if he is or not)!

And please don't forget to give Francisco Liriano some adjustment. His stamina and numbers are down but he is pitching amazingly so far this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »