Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #105
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
Why's that?

And you made a mention to Banzho or someone about stamina/program? What exactly is that? Or what does it do?
Bahnzo developed a program which you can find in the roster forum (roster tool) which converts statistics taken from the baseball reference web site into ratings for the show. Its a great program and gets extremely realistic numbers given the player has a nice sample set not just a handful of ABs in a season. If you like making rosters I would reccommend it.

Another year, and here we go again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #106
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Guys I just want to say the power numbers you see right now in game will be slightly lowered acroos the board for the most part. Simmed 50 homer seasons shouldnt be commonplace. The 40 homer season as well. The hope is that league leader will be at 40 - 45 homers with the majority of the true elite falling in the 30+ range. Look at last years numbers looks like baseball is going back to the 70's and 80's which is a good thing. Thats not to say there shouldnt be the season simmed with the league leader at 50 but that should be once in a blue not an every season occurance. Bahnzo's program did a great job of replicating this. Just cause guys like Cano need a boost doesnt mean his power gonna end up in the 80s or so.
I agree with this wholeheartedly! And I cannot wait for the set.

I just think Victor Martinez at 20 power against RHP is way too low.

Indeed, Martinez is a beast against LHP (which makes you question the 40 power there also, should probably be around 55)... but he also launches shots against RHP, a couple long balls against Phil Hughes come to mind, as well as a game when he hit very long homers off Jim Johnson and Jason Berken, both right handed pitchers.

If you look at his stats, it would probably make sense for him to have very high LT contact and decent power, and lower RT contact but still decent power.

Just for a comparison, JD Drew is another 20+ homer guy on the team, his power is respectable 61 RT and 57 LT, which seems totally on the mark.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #107
Banned

bushidonole's Arena

OVR: 3

I know this is an odd request, but I downloaded the pitch edit rosters where everyone was complaining about stamina. I noticed that Roy Halladay stamina was a 99 the other night. Is that what you guys have on your file?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #108
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
I know this is an odd request, but I downloaded the pitch edit rosters where everyone was complaining about stamina. I noticed that Roy Halladay stamina was a 99 the other night. Is that what you guys have on your file?
Yes it is. Can't think of anyone better to have a maxed out stamina rating.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 2

Is there a way to see what's in the roster vault online other than through the ps3?

There is a bug or something that doesn't allow non hd flat screen tvs to see all the
columns and reading their names is practically impossible.

Saving up for a new TV so it won't always be a problem but right now I'd love to see a
list of what's there at a website online.

If OT sorry. I searched a lot of threads and couldn't find an answer.

bob
Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #110
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

v3 rosters doesmt have updates tranactions correct?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #111
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

I've got a question about the in game use of rosters, I'm strartin my nats franchise been a nats fan since they came back to washington, I've offered trades to cincinnati, san fracisco & chicago and Atlanta and it says the teams are thinkin about the trade how long does it take to know if the trades I offered went through?

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #112

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
I've got a question about the in game use of rosters, I'm strartin my nats franchise been a nats fan since they came back to washington, I've offered trades to cincinnati, san fracisco & chicago and Atlanta and it says the teams are thinkin about the trade how long does it take to know if the trades I offered went through?
Depends if how much they like the trade. If the they really like it 1-2 days, other times it takes 2-3 days.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »