Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
yes i added my stance/motions and RAZR added his pitch edits to that version and its now V3. there are both roster and franchise files available and V4 will have JaSnakes SCEA player edits
Great! I love the pitch edits and I dl'ed Strut24.v3.done from the vault last
night but havent'had a chance to install and use them for more than a quick
exhibition game between the Richmond Flying Squirrels & the Aery Senators.

I won with the squirrels 3-2 with a game winning double in the ninth. Very
fun game and it seems to get better every day.

bob

ps. I'm a pretty free swinger as well but the new edits have made me slow
down a bit and try to work the count and as they say "stay back" & look
for a particular pitch in a particular location. Sounds easy enough until
you're waiting for a FB and the change spins you around like a corkscrew!
Old 06-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #50
Pro

ThirdDegree5803's Arena

OVR: 8

Ja sent me an update last night guys...he is done w/ the Braves and Marlins I believe...we are going along nicely...like he said we are in communication while inputting these about questionable players and I will just be his second set of eyes like he has said...hopefully Bahnzo can come in on this project as well...if anybody has any input on players that might need some serious adjustment holler on this thread! glad to finally have some time to help with os full minors!! :-)
Old 06-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

I pm'ed JA about doing some teams for you guys, I am good at doing ratings, if you just let me know how your re-rating scale is I can help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #52
Banned

bushidonole's Arena

OVR: 3

I can help as well, if needed.

I have started doing re-rates on my own just because I enjoy it - don't ask why, because even I don't know why.

Here's basically what I do, and I believe it's similar to what you guys are doing. I go to espn.com and look at each individual player. Let's use A-Rod as an example. I don't know his SCEA rating off the top of my head, but I believe he's 95 in contact against LHP and RHP, and a pretty ridiculous HR rating for both sides as well.

I go to his player profile, click stats, then splits. That lets me see his stats against both LHP and RHP this season, as well as over the past 3 years. So A-Rod is currently hitting .281 against LHP this season, and .270 from 2007-2009. That doesn't warrant a 95 in contact against LHP, so I decrease that, along with power since the majority of his HR's come against RHP. I believe I knocked down A-Rod's contact/power down against LHP at least 10 points. I'm not home to know the exact total.

That's just an example for hitting.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #53
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447
Just to let everyone know that SCEA apparently took the actual rosters off SportsConnect. No idea why, but Strasburg/Ike Davis/Buster Posey are NOT called up. Seems like a dummy file.

No one download the dummy file and don't give it a thumbs up. I guess SCEA deleted the wrong copy? Ugh.
I don't know why SCEA would do that.

This is an opening day roster file. I hope that you didn't assume that it's a "dummy file" just based on a few players not being on their organization's MLB roster because those players are not supposed to be on the MLB rosters on this file. All of the community sets, as far as I know, have always been opening day roster files.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #54
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
I don't know why SCEA would do that.

This is an opening day roster file. I hope that you didn't assume that it's a "dummy file" just based on a few players not being on their organization's MLB roster because those players are not supposed to be on the MLB rosters on this file. All of the community sets, as far as I know, have always been opening day roster files.
Correct Jason, these rosters are OPENING DAY for the 25-man MLB rosters. As posted in the first post, there is a forum thread for those who want an up-to-date roster, and there's also the franchise file that is updated daily.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #55
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidonole
I can help as well, if needed.

I have started doing re-rates on my own just because I enjoy it - don't ask why, because even I don't know why.

Here's basically what I do, and I believe it's similar to what you guys are doing. I go to espn.com and look at each individual player. Let's use A-Rod as an example. I don't know his SCEA rating off the top of my head, but I believe he's 95 in contact against LHP and RHP, and a pretty ridiculous HR rating for both sides as well.

I go to his player profile, click stats, then splits. That lets me see his stats against both LHP and RHP this season, as well as over the past 3 years. So A-Rod is currently hitting .281 against LHP this season, and .270 from 2007-2009. That doesn't warrant a 95 in contact against LHP, so I decrease that, along with power since the majority of his HR's come against RHP. I believe I knocked down A-Rod's contact/power down against LHP at least 10 points. I'm not home to know the exact total.

That's just an example for hitting.
I think JaSnake already has a spreadsheet with most of the MLB players reratings calculated. He's talked about how they've done a true 3 year average, not weighted on last year the way SCEA's roster is.

I'm pretty sure Bahzno's roster tool was used for the process. So it seems like they he has a pretty consistent formula he's following, which should be really awesome.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that the only help he'd need is actually imputting the information that has been calculated, and testing sim results (but apparently that's already covered).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #56
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Just finished my first game with the rosters, lost 4-3 with the Nats to the White Sox. I went 7 innings with Strausburg and Peavy went 7 (taken out after a leadoff single in the 8th); both guys threw 100 pitches.

Game was a lot of fun. Down 4-2 in the 9th, Dunn homers to cut it to 1 and then Pudge nearly wins with a walkoff, but the ball dies on the warning track for the final out.
I just had a fun game using Strasburg also. I played as the Nats vs. the Yankees. Javier Vasquez no hit me through 6!

They had a one to nothing lead. Stras was great allowing only one run through six but the Yankees were a tough challenge, driving the pitch count up and forcing four walks.

Finally I took the lead in the sixth with homers from Kennedy and Dunn. I added on two more in the frame and held on for a 4-1 win. I forced Matt Capps to work two innings for the save, and he managed despite the stamina edits.

I also tried taking on Strasburg with the Indians... bad idea. He dazzled me. I finally got to him for a 3-run homer with Cabrera in the eighth, but they still won 9-4. God his breaking stuff is filthy, especially when you're contending with his 101 mph fastball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »