Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #593
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Comon', that thread is from months ago. I didn't even know about it. Cut a guy some slack.

And how can someone offer feedback before the set is released? I'm talking about, looking at the awesome work that has been done, and offering suggestions based on what has been created. That's something that can only be done after the set has been released.

For example, if there are any pitches that could be tweaked on the Mets, I'd like to know about it, but I wouldn't be able to offer that information because I don't watch the Mets very frequently.
I will look into your concerns but he is right. That thread was created for people to offer things like changes in arsenal, signature pitches, things that would fans would know better than a scout on his website so there certainly was a chance for extra info to be presented. Those things can be mentioned before the set is released. Next year just play it safe. Assume that I know absolutely nothing about this stuff and mention it anyway.

EDIT: On Okajima my sources indicate a splitter or forkball and no changeup. On Bard, however, there is a seldom used changeup mentioned and I will get that added. On Daisuke I'll look into that further after bb/9 and things like that are edited for him

Last edited by RAZRr1275; 06-10-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #594
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4bob
When your sources just say "fastball" without saying 2seam or 4seam how
do you decide which one to use?

C.C. Sabathia, for example, now has a 2seamer not 4. I think the SCEA
version had him throwing a pretty streight 4seamer. Haven't gone back to
older roster to verify this, just by memory.

These rosters are absolutely amazing. Playing 30 team control playing
the Yankees. I turned off injuries and skipped Spring Training then
turned injuries back on so I'd still have the same players for opening day.

So how do you decide?

Thanks for the hard work.

Bob
The sources that were used usually give some indication as to how fastballs break. For instance they will say the fastball cuts, sinks and in which direction it goes down, etc. and those can be used to determine the pitch type. As you can see hardly anyone's fastball actually goes straight.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #595
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey guys....Great Job on the pitch edits!

Just curious...How did you come up with the stamina ratings for guy like ublado jiminez at 81 stamina? He throws 120 pitches with ease. Just wondered why it wouldn't be higher? thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #596
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Hey guys....Great Job on the pitch edits!

Just curious...How did you come up with the stamina ratings for guy like ublado jiminez at 81 stamina? He throws 120 pitches with ease. Just wondered why it wouldn't be higher? thanks.
Stamina wasn't based on pitch count. It was based on this formula that Rod_Carew29 allowed me to use.

My formula:

for starters, I take their total innngs, divide by the number of game starts and add 10. If the guy has any complete games, I add 5 for each one.

So...

you have a guy who pitched 175.2 innings, 30 starts with 1 complete game

175.2 divided by 30 = 5.8 (which is 5.8 innings per start) + 10 = 6.8, which will become 68 (for our use) + 5 (for the complete game) = 73

* formula taken from this thread
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ost-cases.html
Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #597
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Okay cool thanks for the heads up. These pitch edits are amazing. Looks like you did a ton of work. Thanks again.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #598
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
I will look into your concerns but he is right. That thread was created for people to offer things like changes in arsenal, signature pitches, things that would fans would know better than a scout on his website so there certainly was a chance for extra info to be presented. Those things can be mentioned before the set is released. Next year just play it safe. Assume that I know absolutely nothing about this stuff and mention it anyway.

EDIT: On Okajima my sources indicate a splitter or forkball and no changeup. On Bard, however, there is a seldom used changeup mentioned and I will get that added. On Daisuke I'll look into that further after bb/9 and things like that are edited for him
Okay, will do. Next year I will look to contribute more from the start. Thank you very much for considering these things.

Here is the source concerning Oki's circle change, called the Okie-Dokie. It's a signature pitch of Okajima's, a psuedo-change with screwball-like qualities, which is why I think circle change is the best choice for it: http://firebrandal.com/2009/12/20/ca...kie-dokie.html

EDIT: Not sure if you're thinking the splitter is the same as the Okie-Dokie, just from what I've seen on TV, he seems to definitely throw a splitter seperate from a breaking ball that runs in on lefties.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #599
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Okay, will do. Next year I will look to contribute more from the start. Thank you very much for considering these things.

Here is the source concerning Oki's circle change, called the Okie-Dokie. It's a signature pitch of Okajima's, a psuedo-change with screwball-like qualities, which is why I think circle change is the best choice for it: http://firebrandal.com/2009/12/20/ca...kie-dokie.html

EDIT: Not sure if you're thinking the splitter is the same as the Okie-Dokie, just from what I've seen on TV, he seems to definitely throw a splitter seperate from a breaking ball that runs in on lefties.
From that article it says fastball, curve with the changeup/splitter/screwball thing which is interpreted by the scout that runs 60ft6in and fangraphs as a splitter.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #600
MVP

OVR: 13

hey guys, just got home from work and I should have some time to get my stances/motions done. Most of it is just entering everyone from my list but there are a good 20 or so guys who have been called up recently that I still need to get to. I will then either sendspace the file or SportsConnect the file over to Knight or HustlinOwl so they can release both the ROSTER file (v3.1?) and the FRANCHISE file and then I believe JaSnake will take it and do the SCEA attribute edits and will then release both a ROSTER (V4)file and FRANCHISE file of that as well. I will also try to post my Word file that goes with these edits so everyone can see my multiple edits that can be used for some stances/motions as well as see the few guys who have been called up and either haven't played yet or got sent back down before playing at all. Those will be the only guys who don't have a stance or motion. Also, I haven't done any pitchers batting stances yet except for a handful and there also seem to be quite a few jersey # mistakes so if anyone wants to work on that stuff, that'd be cool too

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »