Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #577
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
I'm still confused on what the pitch edits have done. I see most of the regular real-life players have different pitches now too (Oliver Perez, Mike Pelfrey, etc.). How did the guy who edited this (Razr?) find this info? I am wondering if it is entirely accurate as it seems a little drastic in some cases. Thanks guys.
Yeah the pitch edits are done. They gave accurate info to mlb players. 60ft6in.com and fangraphs along with other sources were used.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #578
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Yeah the pitch edits are done. They gave accurate info to mlb players. 60ft6in.com and fangraphs along with other sources were used.
When your sources just say "fastball" without saying 2seam or 4seam how
do you decide which one to use?

C.C. Sabathia, for example, now has a 2seamer not 4. I think the SCEA
version had him throwing a pretty streight 4seamer. Haven't gone back to
older roster to verify this, just by memory.

These rosters are absolutely amazing. Playing 30 team control playing
the Yankees. I turned off injuries and skipped Spring Training then
turned injuries back on so I'd still have the same players for opening day.

So how do you decide?

Thanks for the hard work.

Bob
Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #579
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

have these been put up for download yet?? On the Vault at least?
Carolina Panthers
Old 06-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #580
TK-421

M11x's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSports
have these been put up for download yet?? On the Vault at least?
Check the first post of this thread. The download link to v.3 is listed at the bottom.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #581
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Amazing job on these, to all involved. First, let me thank you for all the hard work that's gone into these rosters.

That said, I wanted to express concern with some of the edits, especially to Red Sox pitchers. Why does Daniel Bard have a curve instead of a changeup? I haven't seen him throw a curve in the majors once.

And Okajima doesn't have a circle change? That's his signature pitch! I see maybe you're using the splitter as a substitute, but his change clearly breaks down and away, and he uses that in addition to the split.

Matsuzaka having a 50-something stamina rating is just wrong. The reason he only lasts until the 5th is because he nibbles so much, so he reaches 100+ pitch count early in the game most of the time. But almost every outing he goes over 100 pitches. If anything he should have normal stamina, and very low control.

Others seem so perfect it's ridiculous. Halladay's set is 100% perfect, IMO. I liked Barry Zito's a lot. But others have me discouraged and thinking I may go back to v.2.1.

Is there any way pitches can be tweaked before v.4? Maybe a thread could be set up for suggestions to tweak pitch edits. Please respond, as if this is not a possibility I'd like to start my 'chise with 2.1. Thanks in advance, and please do not take offense to my comments. I have the utmost respect for everyone who put so much time and effort into this set, I thank you for all your hard work.

Last edited by Clarityman; 06-10-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #582
Rookie

SoonerSports's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkswagen3
Check the first post of this thread. The download link to v.3 is listed at the bottom.
I tried that last night and couldn't get it to work...

EDIT: got it the second time
Carolina Panthers

Last edited by SoonerSports; 06-10-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #583
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Amazing job on these, to all involved. First, let me thank you for all the hard work that's gone into these rosters.

That said, I wanted to express concern with some of the edits, especially to Red Sox pitchers. Why does Daniel Bard have a curve instead of a changeup? I haven't seen him throw a curve in the majors once.

And Okajima doesn't have a circle change? That's his signature pitch! I see maybe you're using the splitter as a substitute, but his change clearly breaks down and away, and he uses that in addition to the split.

Matsuzaka having a 50-something stamina rating is just wrong. The reason he only lasts until the 5th is because he nibbles so much, so he reaches 100+ pitch count early in the game most of the time. But almost every outing he goes over 100 pitches. If anything he should have normal stamina, and very low control.

Others seem so perfect it's ridiculous. Halladay's set is 100% perfect, IMO. I liked Barry Zito's a lot. But others have me discouraged and thinking I may go back to v.2.1.

Is there any way pitches can be tweaked before v.4? Maybe a thread could be set up for suggestions to tweak pitch edits. Please respond, as if this is not a possibility I'd like to start my 'chise with 2.1. Thanks in advance, and please do not take offense to my comments. I have the utmost respect for everyone who put so much time and effort into this set, I thank you for all your hard work.
Just saying.....you could download V3 and then do some of your own pitch edits....
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #584
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
Just saying.....you could download V3 and then do some of your own pitch edits....
As a true BoSox fan, I'd love for that too happen...

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »