Home

MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #193
Rookie

D3C4K's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I feel compelled to post a formal apology to Russell and the SCEA team...

I was one of a few who, whenever somebody would ask if a third patch was coming, would say "not likely".

I had my doubts, then BAM!---third patch released, not only that, but quickly re-released to fix the third out scoring as a run from third.

This is the true definiton of customer service. Other gaming companies should take note.

Thanks again, SCEA!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #194
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
I have an older ps3 and I just simmed to the off season and got no freezes when I went to manage roster screen, using latest roster download from scea.
I spoke, or typed, too soon. The game just froze for me exiting manage roster screen. Fortunately it doesn't happen every time so I was able to reboot the game and proceed.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:09 PM   #195
Banned

OVR: 14

I haven't downloaded that patch yet, but it is looking like there is a freezing issue, no? I guess my question would be what value does the patch have other than the dropped ball four error call? To be more specific, if playing a franchise with the OS rosters and not willing to restart things, and able to deal with the drop ball four error, is there any other reason to download the patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #196
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I haven't downloaded that patch yet, but it is looking like there is a freezing issue, no? I guess my question would be what value does the patch have other than the dropped ball four error call? To be more specific, if playing a franchise with the OS rosters and not willing to restart things, and able to deal with the drop ball four error, is there any other reason to download the patch?
If there is a runner on third with two outs he will score on a play even though you get the third out. For example, runner on third two outs, routine grounder to short, you throw out the batter at first for the third but the run counts. That is unacceptable and fortunately the latest patch corrected this.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #197
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhDaesu
If there is a runner on third with two outs he will score on a play even though you get the third out. For example, runner on third two outs, routine grounder to short, you throw out the batter at first for the third but the run counts. That is unacceptable and fortunately the latest patch corrected this.
That was a bug brought on by the third patch and then corrected by the 3rd patch fix. I never downloaded it, hence I don't have that problem. I agree it would be a huge deal for me as well. I guess I am just worried about the so called freezing glitch that seems to be attributed to the third patch. So far, the only difference I can see between patch 2 and the new 3 is the dropped ball 4 error. I can keep this from happening to my play by not pitching a ball in the dirt with 3 balls, but I can't do anything about the CPU catcher. If that is the only thing the patch will fix for me then it doesn't make sense to take the chance. Unless of course there are things I am unaware of.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #198
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, patch 3 fixed the Tropicana Field freeze issue; not sure if you're willing to just avoid playing there.

Can anybody confirm that patch 3 causes more freezing issues than ever before, or is this just coincidental?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:16 PM   #199
Pro

HokieB's Arena

I have the latest patch installed (w/ fix), and two games in a row the CPU got a base hit with a runner on 3rd and the runner stayed at 3rd even though he should have scored EASILY. I mean a straight-up base hit, and the guy on 3rd could have moonwalked home.

You then get a cut scene with the guy on 1st all pissed that the guy on 3rd didn't score.

Anyone else experience this? I wouldn't have thought much of it had it not happen two games in a row. I hope the latest patch and/or patch fix didn't cause this issue.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:39 AM   #200
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I have the latest patch installed (w/ fix), and two games in a row the CPU got a base hit with a runner on 3rd and the runner stayed at 3rd even though he should have scored EASILY. I mean a straight-up base hit, and the guy on 3rd could have moonwalked home.

You then get a cut scene with the guy on 1st all pissed that the guy on 3rd didn't score.

Anyone else experience this? I wouldn't have thought much of it had it not happen two games in a row. I hope the latest patch and/or patch fix didn't cause this issue.
I have also seen this a couple of times now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »