Home

MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

I still haven't downloaded the patch yet, but since the freezing seems to be fairly isolated, I gave my league the ok to download it, and I'll do so myself later today. What I have noticed however is that theshowcommunity webpage for my league still shows the wrong standings. Not a single game has been recorded since we had to replace one guy in the league.

I'm not sure what SCEA thinks they fixed with online leagues, but they gave a big list of things as though leagues were taken care of, but yet I'm still seeing this. Games that were played 3 weeks ago are not being reflected in the standings. We can only hope that the games are actually registering since the game isn't asking me to resolve them. But it feels like quite a big leap of faith. If we get to the end of the season and can't advance to the playoffs, heads will roll. I love my offline play as much as the next guy, but online play is still a HUGE selling point for this game. If they can't do it right, I'd rather have it taken out of MLB 11 completely and have them charge $10 less. Online play has always been a miserable experience with this series. They need to learn to cut their losses.

Last edited by n8rockerasu; 05-22-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 29
Just wanted to say thank you to Russell, Ryan Braun Stance! Finally!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have run into a problem since I've downloaded the patch -- on two occasions, I've had the game freeze as I was exiting the bullpen screen. I never had this issue before until I downloaded the patch. Not sure what causes it. Hope it can get fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #116
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8rockerasu
I still haven't downloaded the patch yet, but since the freezing seems to be fairly isolated, I gave my league the ok to download it, and I'll do so myself later today. What I have noticed however is that theshowcommunity webpage for my league still shows the wrong standings. Not a single game has been recorded since we had to replace one guy in the league.

I'm not sure what SCEA thinks they fixed with online leagues, but they gave a big list of things as though leagues were taken care of, but yet I'm still seeing this. Games that were played 3 weeks ago are not being reflected in the standings. We can only hope that the games are actually registering since the game isn't asking me to resolve them. But it feels like quite a big leap of faith. If we get to the end of the season and can't advance to the playoffs, heads will roll. I love my offline play as much as the next guy, but online play is still a HUGE selling point for this game. If they can't do it right, I'd rather have it taken out of MLB 11 completely and have them charge $10 less. Online play has always been a miserable experience with this series. They need to learn to cut their losses.

The league fixes are not retroactive you have to start over to take advantage of them.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #117
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The league fixes are not retroactive you have to start over to take advantage of them.
Wow...my guys aren't going to be happy about that one. Glad we wasted 2 months. No offense to you Russell, but that portion of the game was completely botched this year (for something that was supposed to be "the focus"). That kind of stuff makes the game not worth $60. "Much Cooler This Year" it was not...
Old 05-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #118
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
Jimmy Rollins batted 5th the other night, I've gotten to the point where I wonder if we obsess too much over lineups. I just decided to put everything back on auto and if I see something really crazy I'll step in but otherwise I'm just going to worry about my own team.
Yeah, I actually drove up to Philly on Wednesday to catch the Cubs-Phillies game and Rollins was batting 6th and Victorino leadoff, which is exactly how the game has it. Now, this is because Rollins just came off the DL and is still nursing his calf, but Victorino has had success at leadoff so it will be interesting to see what happens.

So anyway, I had the same thought you had - that I've been too obsessed with it and the Phillies real-life lineup is proof that the CPU logic is sound. So I started a new dynasty to see how bad the lineups are again.... and MAN they're bad. But I'm getting really tired of managing everyone's lineups, so I may just need to stop being so anal and just play the damn game

By the way, let us know how it works out for you. I'd be interested to read the opinion of someone else who's been sweating the lineups.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #119
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8rockerasu
Wow...my guys aren't going to be happy about that one. Glad we wasted 2 months. No offense to you Russell, but that portion of the game was completely botched this year (for something that was supposed to be "the focus"). That kind of stuff makes the game not worth $60. "Much Cooler This Year" it was not...
havent played online in 2 years and I would still pay $60 plus tax for this game
Old 05-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #120
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
As far as controlling offseason....If you use a current roster based off the current live, then no you would not. All roster's based on older versions have too many A potential players requiring the user to control spending.
Exactly what roster will that be if I try to download it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »