Home

MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #1513
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors V.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce
Ksig, there is no "minor league engine", it's the same engine. The ratings for minor leaguers are just set REALLY low on v1. I'm assuming it was because the focus for v1 was just on getting a set with the top prospects in place out for the masses, and that the minor league ratings across the board will get a boost so the players are at least not completely horrible in v2.

No offense to Ridin or whoever else worked on the v1 ratings. I just hope that more of the minor leaguers are actually playable for the next version. If the worry was that if you set their ratings too high, that they will be too good and take over the major league roles, I don't think that's something that you need to worry about for guys with C-F ratings. They're not gonna get much better than they already are, for the most part, even with the new dynamic potential system.
Well I trust that they know what they are doing when it comes to attributes. Even though I will admit I kept thinking the minor league ratings were too low as well. Like I said a while ago, it took me to play my 8th game to hit my 1st HomeRun with a minor league player. And When I simmed a few games... after the 25th game, my Double A team only had like 4 steals and 3 home runs combined.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #1514
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Alright...now you guys are going to make me post my Audy Ciriaco homerun and double. AUDY CIRIACO!.....the powerful AUDY CIRIACO!....also know as the Dominican Babe.
All this with nothing but solid hits +2.
You guys are weak sauce.

M.K.
Knight165
knight any update on teams you have done.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #1515
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfg27
knight any update on teams you have done.
I'll update you guys tonight.....but it looks like I'll have 6 to go.
I'm pressing....to do 2 teams a day...but that's a brutal pace to be honest.
I'll keep you guys in the loop all week.
In reality...I'm guessing early next week.
Someone said Memorial Day Weekend. I can guarantee that(unless they cart me off to the hospital with bleeding eyes and my head swelled to 3 times it's normal size! )

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #1516
Rookie

Quote:
Someone said Memorial Day Weekend. I can guarantee that(unless they cart me off to the hospital with bleeding eyes and my head swelled to 3 times it's normal size! )

M.K.
Knight165
knight take your time your work on these roster are much appreciated.knight i just have one request can you add 1b brandon belt and sp justin fitzgerald of the giants.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #1517
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
And perfectly, I've got that Friday off for a nice long Memorial weekend of Knight and Co. Rosters and CWood's franchise extravaganza.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #1518
All Star

franch1se's Arena

Another thing about the low rated minor league players is after season 1. I like to use them to build by team up in future years. I just finished season 1 last night and i had 10 guys retire in my organization due to "Ability". Couple of them IRL are pretty decent prospects too, all had C potential or less which I'm sure as a lot to do with it.

Note - The 10 were minor league players and not including Matt Stairs or other vets i had.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #1519
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

I thought that they addressed this with the 30 team control?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #1520
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Another thing about the low rated minor league players is after season 1. I like to use them to build by team up in future years. I just finished season 1 last night and i had 10 guys retire in my organization due to "Ability". Couple of them IRL are pretty decent prospects too, all had C potential or less which I'm sure as a lot to do with it.

Note - The 10 were minor league players and not including Matt Stairs or other vets i had.
Actually this is quite realistic. Heavy roster turnover for minor league affiliates from AA down is quite common. More so for marginal players (with low upside) If you compare any two 09' vs 10' opening day minor league roster, you'll generally see less than 50% of the same names.

It just seems more significant given the 'attachment' we grow to players in any given season/roster set.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »